Roon to Ultra Rendu connection issue

Henry, it still is not registering as a networked device… directly fed into my router.
Oddly the supplied cheap power adapter with the URendu did not fit it’s power port, so I had to still power it with the LPS1

Restart the core.

Henry, I exceeded my message limit yesterday as a new user. Last night using Roon with my Mac “core”, I hooked up my small dragonfly red and headphones and instantly it showed on Roon’s Settings>Audio as an option to enable. Exactly what you had me searching for yesterday. Do you think this is a router issue? Mine is a Linksys Wireless C, model WRT54GS2 V1 and must be about 5 yrs old.

Lastly I also should have the new cable connection to connect ethernet to my USB-C port of my “core” tomorrow which directly connected to the UltraRendu should confirm this is the issue. It’s either the UltraR or it’s the router that I tried to directly plug the UR into yesterday without Roon recognizing it. If the router is the issue, do you have recommendations for a replacement?

That is an XP/Vista era router so it is old by any standard. 10/100 Ethernet and b/g wireless. However I don’t see why it shouldn’t at least see the UltraRendu.
@support this needs more structured trouble shooting than I can provide.

Is there anyone with @support who can read this thread and help me get Roon to recognize my UltraRendu?
Thanks,
Doug

Hello @DOUG_WEST,

My apologies about the slight delay in getting back to you here. I have been following this case and I just want to take a few steps back here. Can you please confirm that you have added both Roon and RAATServer as an exception in your Mac Firewall? You can do so by following the instructions Apple provides here:

Furthermore, to identify if this issue is localized to your Core or your Network setup, do you by any chance have another Router that you can temporarily test the same setup with?

I have also gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for further analysis. Hopefully there is some information in the logs indicating why the UltraRendu does is not detected.

I will be sure to let you know once we have received that diagnostic information from your machine, but in the meantime please try the above suggestions and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Noris

I turned my firewall back on, but even with it off and the UltraRendu plugged directly into my router, under
Roon Settings>Audio it was not recognizing my Mac-Roon Core. I will make an exception next step in my firewall. I was hoping to get an ethernet>USB-C patch cable today to directly hook the core to the UltraRendu, but it has not arrived. Stay tuned… but thanks for you help.

1 Like

Is your DAC connected to the ultraRendu via USB and powered on?

Hello @DOUG_WEST,

I can confirm that we have received the diagnostics report from your machine and I have been looking over the logs and the UltraRendu seems to have only been detected once, on July 8th at 8:30AM and has been not detected any time after that. Has anything in your setup been changed from then until now? Possibly another switch has been added to the system or an additional TP Link extenders?

I would also confirm as @Speed_Racer mentioned that your USB DAC is powered on otherwise that could be another reason why it doesn’t show up in Audio settings. Do you by any chance have any other DACs around the house that you would be able to temporarily connect to the UltraRendu to see if they are exhibiting the same behavior? I noticed that the Onkyo P-3000R has a USB port as well, if you connect it directly to the UltraRendu, does that fail to show up as well? Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Scott, no. I only have the one router. At Henry’s suggesting I isolated it to hook-up directly to my router. Previously I had it connected to a TPLink at a wall outlet that is fed by another TP Link. I had the UltraRendu hooked via USB to my Eastern Electric Minimax>pre-amp>amp. Roon did not recognize this Audio configuration either. I can re-set this up in 5 minutes if you want.

Now: Router>TPLink>TPlink>UltraRendu>Onkyopre-amp via USB

1 Like

Hello @DOUG_WEST,

I think what Scott meant by that is that the DAC has to also be powered on for it to be detected when it is connected with to the UltraRendu (which is true).

Can you please check to see if the Onkyo is now showing up (please make sure to power it on and select the correct input for it as well).

Thanks,
Noris

Oops, power cable loose in the back. Now on.

I just switched the USB from the pre-amp back to the E.E MiniMax from the Ult.Rendu

The USB device has to be connected for the unit to show up in Roon. What color is the status Led on the back of the unit? FYI It needs to be green.

the UlRendu green light on
Now UR>usbMinbiMax>correct channel input on Preamp… no sound
The UR still is not recognized Settings>Audio. Only my dragonfly Red

Hello @DOUG_WEST,

Just want to clarify a point here:

Does the Dragonfly show up when you are connecting it to your UltraRendu in Roon as a Networked device under Audio Setup? Or do you mean that the Dragonfly is showing up only when you connect it directly via USB to the MacBook Pro?

Thanks,
Noris

Dragonfly only shows when USB-C to to the MacBook Pro core…without it, as right now, the ULtRendu remains invisible in Settings>Audio.

Later… with a direct ethernet connection from my core to the ultraRendu>USB>DAC>pre-A>Amp
the U=Rendu has no green light and does NOT show in Room Settings>Audio so can’t enable to play.

When the UltraRendu is hooked up to my TP link it is connected… the green light goes on.

Is this a networking issue? When I put Dragonfly in IT SHOWS as connected to my Mac and I can ENABLE it… but =the UltraRendu is not listed in the Networking area. Also could I have performed some initial set-up changes that blocked the UR from being recognized… especially since it was detected when I first hooked it up.

@support, after my last posting yesterday, no reply from you.
I have to say I think ROON is fantastic and I fully intend to subscribe after my Sonore intro offer.

I’d sure like to hear it through my big investment in the UltraRendu and LPS1.2

I have to assume since I’ve got ethernet connection via the TP Link, with a green light on the Ultra Rendu… there has to be a solution.

Thanks in advance for further advice.
Doug

Hello @Doug_West,

My apologies about the delay in replying here, I had to consult with additional staff regarding your case and have a few troubleshooting steps that could help your current situation.

1. Please provide a screenshot of your “Roon Ready” settings by accessing the UltraRendu’s webUI via sonicorbiter.com, it should look something like this:

1. We would like to see if we can trigger a change in behavior here by having you enable 'squeezelite" on your UltraRendu. This option can be selected on your UltraRendu under “Apps” > “Audio App Switcher” > set to “Squeezelite”. Then in Roon go to “Setting” -> Setup and set “enable squeezebox support” to “yes”. Does the UltraRendu appear as an available zone?

Please let me know after you have done so and we can continue from there.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like