Roon took a long time to start from iPad

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
New Nucleus with the latest firmware.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
HI,

Since two days, Roon took 3 minutes to start from my iPad. I removed and reinstalled the app without success.

What can I do to start quickly?

Thanks

My advice as a user:

1. Restart everything, particularly your server.
  2. Fill out the rest of the requested information.

Thanks. But I don’t have this problem with Roon on Android. I try to restart the machine.
Thanks

It might be wise for him to also indicate the size of his library.

1876 albums

Hi @pierre_jubinville,

When you say “Roon took 3 minutes to start from the iPad”, can you clarify the error state a bit?

Does this behavior only occur when the Nucleus is first powered on for the day or does it seem to randomly occur throughout the day (after the Nucleus has been on for a while)?

What is the sequence of events here? You click on the Roon app and it hangs on the “Choose your Core” screen? Or on the spinning Roon logo screen? Does it crash immediately?

Please provide more info regarding your network. What is the model/manufacturer of your router? Is the Nucleus connected directly to the router or do you have any switches/range extenders?

If so, what are the models? How is the iPad connected to the network, is it connected to the router or to some kind of access point?

Hi
I restart the NUC and everything is back to n ormal right now.
thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.