Roon Tracks Quickly Skipping and Jumping To Next Track

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
SonicTransporter i5 CDR
Roon Server Version: 1.6 (build 401) stable

Roon Server Database Size: 2.4G

Roon Server Cache Size: 75M

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear GS108

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Ethernet to Sonore microRendu. I have 2 DACs. One is Rossi LIO 2.0 and it is connected via microRendu by USB cable. Second is PSAudio Directstream connected to Matrix X-SPDIF 2 by I2S and Matrix from microRendu via USB.

Description Of Issue

I have had issue happen with both DACS where music selections immediately jump to next selection and continue to do so without music playing. Roon application just flashes as selections jump.

They rebooting e everything

I have had some success doing that. Other times it repeats later on. Currently I have rebooted all the complimentary components–multiple times–and still occurring.

Hello @Will_Gibbons,

Does this behavior occur for both local and streaming content or just one and not the other? If you connect the DAC via USB to the SonicTransporter, does the same behavior occur without the microRendu’s in the mix?

Thanks,
Noris

All music is played from the SonicTransporter i5 CDR. Currently all content has the microRendu in the mix. Some time back I did use USB form SonicTransporter directly to the PS DS Sr. for playing. That has never worked with the Rossi LIO 2.0–always had to use microRendu.

Hello @Will_Gibbons,

Thanks for letting me know that info. I am wondering if this issue affects multiple zones or just the PS Audio/Rossi zones.

Can you try to start playback on the “System Output” zone of the SonicTransporter? Even if there is nothing connected to the system output, it will give us a good data point.

It is still not clear if this behavior occurs only for streaming (TIDAL/Qobuz) or for local library content as well, can you let me know this info?

Thanks,
Noris

I do not use streaming at this time. The issue recently happened with the DirectStream DAC, but it has happened prior with the Rossi LIO 2.0 DAC as well. Recent connection has been ethernet hard wired to microRendu and USB from there to Matrix X-SPDIF 2 and HDMI (I2S) to DirectStream. When I was back this weekend, I connected USB from microRendu to the Rossi LIO DAC 2.0. I no longer had the music selection skipping. I then tested going USB from the SonicTransporter directly to the DirectStream. That worked but sound quality was not as good as when I had previously been able to use Matrix. The direct connection does not and has not worked to the LIO 2.0., but does work from the microRendu. I had difficulty getting dac recognition from the microRendu when I tried reconnecting from Matrix X-SPDIF 2 to DirectStream. I spent considerable time unplugging all connections, restarting SonicTransporter, microRendu,DirectStream, and Matrix. I am not sure which step or combo worked, but I now have music playing correctly with either LIO 2.0 or DirectStream from Matrix from microRendu. I have been turning off Rossi and DirectStream and alternating playing over several days, and for now am good. However, this issue has happened previously on both DACs and at this point do not know why. When it has occurred, I have noticed it starts with a change in music selection either as part of the genre shuffle or when picking a different genre or specific song or artist. This has been very puzzling and obviously frustrating.

1 Like

Hi @Will_Gibbons,

Apologies for the frustration here, this should not be a typical occurrence. I am glad that the setup is up and running again but I was hoping that the tests would reveal other useful info, this seems to not be the case though.

Let’s do this, if the issue occurs again, please note the exact local time and date in your country (e.g. 8:54PM on 4/9/19) and let me know this info. I can then enable diagnostics mode for your account and check for any Roon errors that may be occurring in the background.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.