Roon Trial - lost control of the audio device - Sonos

Hi Roon

I am running a trial and have installed Core on Ubuntu 20.04 on an Intel NUC.

When streaming to my Sonos speakers either via WFI or Cable I get constant skipping of tracks or a message “lost control of the audio device”. This does not occur when streaming Tidal directly to the speakers from the Tidal app.

What maybe going on here? As a result I am not able to properly test your product.

Henry

I was having a similar problem. Mine turned out to be on the SONOS side. I have a mesh network with a powerline segment. Do you have any Zone Bridges in your SONOS setup? If so you may want to remove them since they only have one antenna. Make sure that you have at least one SONOS hardwired with ethernet in every segment of your network. It can be any SONOS product but the Zone Bridge. I am running ROON on my mesh network without any of those dropouts, and the best thing is I can now group SONOS speakers in ROON. I just did this todayt so I will check the stability over the next few days.

Thanks Michael. No Zone Bridges in my setup. I have hardwired Sonos speakers.

I’m doing some further tests this weekend.

I would appreciate information from Roon on how I can extend the trial whilst I work through these setups issues. I can’t hardly drop AU$700 down on a broken system.

Hello @Henry_KARJALAINEN. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I have no idea if your trial can be extended but @accounts are the people who need to be informed - and now have been.

They will be in touch privately.

Thanks Brian. Appreciate you tagging the @accounts team for me.

Hello @Henry_KARJALAINEN, and welcome to the community! If your core is connected via Ethernet, do you have any issues playing to system output or any other endpoint?

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi, I was not able to resolve my issue within the trial period. I have moved on, and will look to install ROCK on a NUC.

Hey @Henry_KARJALAINEN,

Sorry to hear about that! Please, let us know, whenever you’re ready and we’ll get you started with a new free trial.

Cheers,
Rebeka

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.