Roon tries to load, but immediately crashes

I downloaded the trial a couple of days ago. This morning when I got up and tried to use it, it wouldn’t load. It tries to load for a second, but immediately crashes. I tried reinstalling first, then uinstallling and reinstalling again and it still does the same thing. For my output device, I’m using hdmi out with wasapi from my pc running windows 10.

Hi @orlando1 – sorry for the trouble here. I’ll follow up with you via PM so we can get some logs and figure out what’s going on here.

Stand by!

Ok, thanks.

I can’t submit a log because roon wont even open. It initially tries, but crashes immediately.

Hey orlanddo.
Does the PC give any other message when the crash occurs? And have you looked in the windows log file to see what Windows 10 is saying about it?

To manually grab logs on WIndows:

1. Open Windows Explorer
  2. Click in the address area to the right of the text, to make it active like typing in a web browser, and type %localappdata%
  3. Find and open the Roon folder
  4. Right click on Logs, then Send To, then Compressed Zipped Folder

This is cut and paste from a pm I once had from Mike.

yes, there’s a message that says “there was an issue loading the database”. I had to attempt to load it a few times the catch it, as it’s only there for less than a second before it crashes. Thank you for your assistance. I’m very heavily leaning toward keeping this, but I’m just a bit worried about it being stable on my pc for now.

Thank you for the instructions on uploading the logs. I have uploaded them. I’m running windows 10 using hdmi with wasapi. My music folder is on a network drive from an nas. I’m using a nvidia 970 graphics card.

It’s been a few days with no reply, can I please get some help. I signed up for a 14 day trial and I’ve now been without it for several days.

Sorry for the delay @orlando1 – I missed your logs because I was expecting them to be named by your user name, not your email – sorry about that.

I’ve passed them on now, so you can expect to hear from myself or @vova soon. Appreciate your patience here!