Roon UI does not resize to correct resolution after disconnecting USB-C external display

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon 1.8 Build 764

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

There is an issue with the current version of Roon if:

1. Roon is running, and an external display is connected.
  2. You remove the external display, and Roon moves over to a MacBook Pro w/touchbar laptop display.

The issue is that Roon does not scale to the new resolution, and all text | UI elements are distorted unless you close and restart roon. I have:

1. A Dell U3818DW 38" monitor connected via USB-C @ 3840 x 1600 resolution
  2. A MacBook Pro 15.4" Retina display @ 2880 x 1800 resolution.

Hey @John_Donaldson1,

Welcome to Roon :wave: (two weeks later than we had wanted!)

I appreciate you sharing the detailed information that you have and sorry about the trouble. Did the upgrade to Roon build 778 help?

Hello Rebeka - no change in behavior since the upgrade. This happens when I leave Roon on my 38" monitor then unplug the external display. Same behavior with 778, the Roon app displays incorrectly on the lower resolution laptop panel until I close and restart.

Hey @John_Donaldson1,

Thanks for confirming this right away! I’ve passed on this thread to our technical team who can share more insight into this and very likely steps you can take to remediate this.

Please, bear with us just a little while longer :bear: . They will be in touch on this thread.

+1
extremely annoying behavior
need to manually move roon window to dell tablet screen before disconnecting from big monitor’ docking

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.