Roon unresponsive on launch Windows 10 Roon build 783

THIS POST IS DUPLICATE OF Roon 1.8 Windows Client crashing on second open consistently - Support - Roon Labs Community

TL;DR - things were fine after fresh windows install. Once i updated to new version, we have crashing at launch behavior again.

Please help me out here, my main listening happens on this windows machine - not having this issue with MacOS or Android.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core is QNAP NAS
Version : 1.8 (build 783) stable
QPKG-Version : 2021-02-01

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Orbi AX6000 WiFi, core connected to 8 port gigabit netgear switch → Orbi router

Intel AX600 (wifi-6) client side.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Topping D90 via USB attached to a topping A90 via XLR.

Description Of Issue

Consistently on windows 10 pro (fully updated) I’m able to install roon, and open it once. upon second launch, roon hangs at launch and stops responding. I’ve tried 32/64 installers with same results. System restarts do not help, the only way to get roon working again on the desktop is to uninstall app and db, and reinstall. It will then work for one session, until I close roon, relaunch, and it hangs. No issues prior to 1.8 if that matters.

NOTE: Im not seeing this behavior on my android phone, or on my macbook pro.

Sorry for adding more noise here - I was trying to be patient and wait for a fix, but I wasn’t seeing my exact problem very much at all. If it matters, system specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5950X
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix variant w/ X570 Chipset
RAM: 32GB DDR 4
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 3090 (Nvidia)
x2 PCIE NVME drives

I have a variety of other “audio” devices connected to the machine, but do not configure them in roon FYI.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon 1.8 Windows Client crashing on second open consistently