Roon update beta on server installed, but it needs new version ios

just looked on roon server for a update. it said there is a update. it did update and while opening ipad roon app it said roon 886 beta installed but with the installed ios version it cant be started.

i was last time in the beta group. i do assume, this flag is still on, but not with the ios update.

now i cant start roon; what kind of solution does exist for my case???

-pablo

2 Likes

This happened to me as well. I didn’t want the beta, it installed automatically. How do I revert?

Just had same problem. Solution is to download TestFlight from IOS store. You then should be able to use iPad to control Roon ok

Same problem here …
@stephen_shervill has a workable solution but actually I would prefer to continue with the standard version.
FYI: I never was a beta tester.

Me too - this must be a more general issue. I don’t want to add new apps to my mobile devices, just to get back to where I was!! I’m not a beta tester.

Same problem here. Feeling sucker punched.

Update: thanks for resolving this so quickly!

Yeah, I’ve just had the Beta version automatically installed on mine too and pretty sure I’ve never signed up to be a tester - guess someone pressed the wrong button and it’s deployed to everyone. Hopefully it can be easily rolled back on Roon’s side.

Ditto. Android version in Google Play is not compatible with the Beta version on my ROCK. I don’t recall signing up to be a beta tester and was surprised when the new version on my ROCK said BETA.

Not sure what’s going on guys – but I rang a few bells in the Roon camp.

1 Like

And it’s being talked about in the Roon Core Users FB group. Telling everyone to wait and see what Roon does to fix this.

Update here:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Uninstalling Beta