Roon V1.7 skipping Qobuz content

Hi @Bluebeat,

Either a re-scan of the database (blue spinner in the upper-right) or analysis (which can be seen by going to Settings > Library). If either of those are occurring the Core is likely using more resources than typical.

No signs of analysis activity either way, @dylan.

Right now I’m only playing to my NUC/Euphony endpoint, later today, or tomorrow, I’ll try playing to my remote.

Thanks, @Bluebeat — Let me know how that test goes.

Hi @dylan,

I just disabled Ramroot of my NUC/Euphony/StylusEP-endpoint, rebooted it, enabled Ramroot and rebooted again. Might have some impact too.

I’ll keep you informed.

Marc

1 Like

Hi @dylan,

No luck, again a skipped track, after 5%. I’ll try playing to my remote.

Marc

Thanks for giving that a try, @Bluebeat.

Can you confirm the exact model of the Netgear router? Are you using any other networking devices?

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

A post was split to a new topic: Qobuz tracks skipping during playback

A post was merged into an existing topic: Songs Skipping in the Middle of Playback

If you haven’t already done so, raise a support request.

Running: Roon Server 1.7 using Apple Mac Mini as my Core

I was noticing a similar problem. I was noticing skipping whilst playing Qobuz, Streaming Radio, and My Own Library.
I did not see spinning blue circle using several remotes. I went back to the headless server that was acting as my core, and restarted Roon Server. I noticed database update (which was done in a few minutes), and the problem appears to have been resolved.
Ultimately, I am reporting that a restart of of Roon Server appears to have solved this issue.

Thanks for the tip, thanks to the community for helping me out.
Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @dylan,

I did some experimenting this weekend. It takes a lot of time, because the skipping isn’t that frequent, although very annoying, as you probably can imagine.

Skipping occurs with Qobuz and Tidal content.

I tried two other endpoints. First a remote, an Android tablet. Second my NUC, but instead of Euphony/StylusEP I used Euphony/Roon Bridge. In both cases skipping occurred.

My router is a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 (latest firmware). The router, NAS, Roon core machine and NUC endpoint are connected through a Netgear Prosafe FS105 switch.

Please let me know what I can do to help find a solution.

Thanks,

Marc

Hi @iamoneagain and @Favio_Barrionuevo,

Indeed, that’s what’s happening in my case too.

Cheers,

Marc

I’ve been having similar issues. Seems to happen more frequently with my Sonos endpoints.

Hi @Bluebeat — Thanks for the update.

If you lower the quality settings in Roon for TIDAL + Qobuz as a temporary test do you notice any change?

If you notice any patterns — Any specific tracks, types of tracks, endpoints, or settings that seem to trigger this more often, please let us know!

Hi @dylan,

I’ve been playing with lowered quality settings for Tidal and Qobuz for 7 hours straight without any skipping.

It’s hard to say if there’s a clear pattern, I haven’t detected any. Local files haven’t skipped so far. Qobuz content seems more susceptible than Tidal. But this is hardly a trustworthy observation as - when Roon radio is doing the selection of tracks - more Qobuz tracks come up, which might be connected to the fact that I use Qobuz more often and have more Qobuz tracks in my library. By far the most tracks that skipped played for 50% or less. A few times skipping occured after 80% of the track had played.

Tomorrow I’ll play max quality again, and will provide timestamps if and when tracks skip.

Marc

Hey @Bluebeat, @Jason_O_Conal, @Urbndwellr,

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help here. Can you give it a shot and let us know how things are going?

Thanks!

More details are here:

Thanks @mike @dylan , I’ll report back.

1 Like

@dylan @mike
So far, so good. I haven’t experienced skipping since build 505. Thanks for the quick solution!
Cheers,
Marc

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.