Roon (V1.8) is Now Missing Tracks on Some Albums

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Synology 3617XS+ w/32GB of Memory & running Roon Core V1.8 (on SSD in the NAS)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

• Control of playback from iPhone, iPads, and Windows 10 desktop
  • Netgear RAX120 Router (AX12)
  • Current SW/FW on all systems
  • Music Library = ~11,500 Albums / ~171K Tracks, Redbook FLAC, HiRez FLAC, DxD and DSD – All on NAS, plus some Tidal albums.
  • Active Tidal subscription with some Tidal albums added to library (~4000 Tidal Albums in library)
  • Internet: AT&T Gigabit Fiber, 1G Service

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

1. Wired Bluesound Node2 connected to DAC via Coax out
  2. Wired Aurlic Aries Mini connected to headphone amp via RCA analog out
  3. Wireless Bluesound Powernode 2i connected to speakers via speaker out.
  4. Wired Windows Desktop with sound card and speakers

Description Of Issue

Albums that at one time had all their tracks are now showing as missing one or more tracks. In addition to missing from the album track listing, a search within Roon for the specific track name produces no results. Roon appears to be unaware of the track. A look at the file system shows the track is there and uncorrupted. Using the option under Settings>Storage to force a rescan of the storage does not fix this problem. Nor does rescanning, re-identifying, or re-analyzing the album.

The work around is:

1. Move the folder containing the effected album out of storage available to Roon.
  2. Use Library Maintenance to Cleanup deleted files.
  3. Copy the folder with the impacted album back to Roon storage.
  4. The album then appears as a newly imported album with all tracks appearing.

The problem with this work around is that I have thousands of albums! I have no idea how many are impacted (it appears to be quite a few) or for that matter which ones are impacted. It’s as if Roon has decided to skip these tracks. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @c2c2c2

I’d like to take a look at one specific example of this — Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing for one example? Please share a screenshot of the album showing the missing tracks and then a screenshot of the album in the storage location via File Explorer / Finder.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.