Roon Variable Sound Quality; Improved with reboot of Nuc

Hi All;

I’m currently running Roon on a nuc with Rock. I use it for multiple systems/speakers (including Sonos) around the house. I have a synology NAS, and stream Qobuz and Tidal.In my main system, I use ethernet into a Mola Mola Tambaqui as the end point.
I’ve recently introduced some new components into my system, and have been spending more time critically listening. I have been tearing my hair out as sometimes it sounds fantastic, but other times it sounds very bright, with a huge attenuation of bass, sharply dropping off under 110 Hz. Since that time, I’ve been moving speakers, swapping cables, trying a pre amp in the system, etc.

Last evening, the system was sounding very thin, and devoid of bass. I finally decided to reboot the nuc, and suddenly had full range sound again…

Thus, my system issue is the source. Now, I am questioning the logical steps to remedy. I really would like to stay with Roon, but I am not willing to put up with these variations in sound quality.

Thoughts on next best steps?

Thanks!

System Mola Mola Tambaqui–>Gryphon Essence Stereo Amp–>Focal Utopia Be L&R Monitors.

Drink more!? :crazy_face:

This happens sometimes. How I solve the issue is by, reinstall the software and afterwords reboot. Mainly happens after a roon update.
This is basically computer audio. Never in the same spot twice :see_no_evil:

1 Like