Roon very slow!

Roon is becoming slower and slower with its use on a tablet or other device. At weekends it is getting even slower…

Please get the sorted out

1 Like

What exactly is slow, where are you and is this streaming or from your own collection. What is the spec of your core?

I’m finding the loading of the various artist and albums relating etc are sometimes extremely slow. My core is the iMac and beginning to wonder if this is actually my issue. I also am beginning to think that having the core as my Apple Timemachine backup would be a better option?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Streaming via a Roon ready device. Naim Uniti Nova.

I’m searching artists on Roon and Tidal and not from my own collection.

The question that will be asked will be how powerful is the iMac and has it been rebooted. What happens when it is?

Can’t speak to anyone, no one replies, constant issues and intermittent service on the app. Its not good enough for a service you pay for and integrate with top of the range streaming products.

Not happy.

Hi @Sean_Butcher — Sorry for the trouble here.

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you give an example of a search that’s performing slow? What did you search for? How many seconds did it take for results to show up?

If you reboot do things speed up at all for you?

I am having a similar issue which is worse than watching paint dry…!

Eh ?!? What is it you mean by “Apple Timemachine backup” ?

A post was split to a new topic: Slowness using Roon

Please delete the post as I’ve solved the problem and no longer wish to have further communication. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.