Roon via (Nucleus) terminates in the middle of playback [Resolved with Roon 1.8 (Build 806)]

Core Machine

Nucleus.

Network Details

Netgear 10 gbe switch CAT7 cable connection

Audio Devices

SCALA MK2 Optologic USB / Lynx Hilo USB

Library Size

Description of Issue

Hello from Berlin, I am running Roon through a Nucleus via ethernet network cable. The program usually terminates after 10-15 minutes in the middle of playback and then reboots. after about 20-30 seconds Roon is back and playhead cursor exactly where it had stopped.

Is there any chance to find information stored that would help locate the problem? I have a 10 GB ethernet network which on other ports seems to run without any dropouts (working on movies I would notice a network interruption).

This is starting to really take the fun out of the listening experience. Would love to locate the problem and fix it.

Can you check whether this is being caused by the Roon Server in the Nucleus is restarting (it should be running continuously)?

Use the Web Administration Interface and check the running times of the Operating System and Roon Server Software. If the Server has been running continuously, the times will be almost the same. If the Server has been restarting, the running time of the Server will be much shorter.

Hi @Darius_Ghanai

I enabled diagnostics on your Nucleus and it looks like your device is running out of memory, which is causing Roon to restart.

Are you using Qobuz? There is a known issue where Qobuz playback can cause a memory leak to occur that our team is working on resolving, so that could be the issue here.

Can you confirm how many tracks total are in your library as well?

Hello @Darius_Ghanai ,

We’ve just released a new version of Roon (Build 806) that contains improvements in this area, can you please try to update to the latest Roon version and let us know if the issue is resolved on your end? Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.