Roon Volume indicator not changing with device volume

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Roon Server 1.7 build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

N/A

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

RME Babyface Pro

Description Of Issue

I have always set my audio device Volume Control to “Device Volume” and the volume indicator in the Roon interface has always updated when I change the volume on the device. However, I’ve now noticed that the interface volume is no longer changing when I change the volume using the physical dial on my Babyface Pro. This must’ve changed in one of the latest builds.

Hi @Zayne_Upton,

Since experiencing this issue have you tried rebooting your Core and the RME?

I had rebooted the Core as well as my Mac with the RME. However, I started having issues with the RME during video calls, so I unplugged it and plugged it back into another USB port and now the indicator works!

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hi @Zayne_Upton,

Thanks for letting us know you were able to resolve this issue by using a different USB port!
If you encounter any further difficulties with Roon, please just let us know and we can look.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.