Roon - VPN - Iphone visible as endpoint

Hi community,

I have OpenVPN (TUN) running on Opnsense with IPv4 Tunnel Network 10.8.0.0/24, using Redirect Gateway and DNS Servers 192.168.1.1 (OpnSense)

My LAN (igb1) subnet 192.168.1.0 and subnetmask 255.255.255.0

VPN is running, I can see the LAN devices and other network items only available on local Lan.
I am using and running Roon Core/server on my Synology NAS. When I am outside and connected to VPN on my Opnsense I can start Roon on my iPhone and I can also see my local LAN endpoints to play music to. Only problem is that I can not see my iPhone as endpoint while on vpn. When I am at home on wifi, I can see my iPhone as endpoint in Roon.

What am I doing wrong? How can I connect my VPN to the same subnet, or make my vpn connections visible to ROON LAN/subnet 192.168.1.0 / 255.255.255.0 ? How to make this work? It’s a must have in my opinion.

I have seen some other posts that have it working, but not something like what I have or I do not understand it correctly?

Thank you very much in advance for your help

1 Like

solved,

I use iPeng - http://penguinlovesmusic.de
With ipeng I can use my iPhone as Roon Endpoint while on vpn and 4g / 5g etc… Love it!
Just typed it here. I found it on the forum also, but maybe somebody is querying this and finds this, with the solution also.

1 Like

I use the same solution.

Fortigate VPN from iphone to home
Ipeng as endpoint