Roon will no longer load in Windows 10

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
When I click to open Roon, it will load the initial page and then not completely open.

I have tried removing it and reinstalling it and still the same issue. IT was working fing until recently.

How do I fix it?

You may have had a windows update that over wrote your graphics driver. Go to the manufacturer of your graphics card and look for an update. Don’t use Windows update.
If it’s an inbuilt graphics card go to Intel.

Funny , I have Win 10 with Intel graphics , updates on auto with no issues

Some do, some don’t. Last update wiped my graphics driver down from 4k capable to 1024x768. I keep a copy of the driver on the desktop now it does it so often.

Hi, @Siva_Navaratnam, sorry to hear about your troubles. Am I understanding this right that Roon is crashing during startup? May I kindly ask you to provide more details about your setup such as is this a Core-Remote setup? Which build of Roon app you are using in the affected machine can also be a valuable information for our support staff to help you fix this issue. Could you, please, also do the following:

1. Reproduce the issue
  2. Follow this instructions – https://kb.roonlabs.com/Logs
  3. Share logs from the affected machine with us. You can do it using GDrive or Dropbox shared link. If that is not working for you, we can always find a more convenient way.

Sorry for troubles.

Ivan

Hello @Siva_Navaratnam, looks like you already got some great recommendations here! I wanted to check in an see if you were still having issues. Let me know!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.