Roon will not connect after installing new build

Andrew - I did not try the search for new core option. That is what made the difference. Awesome support as always!

Thank you,

OK. So like setting up a new core? Does this do anything to the existing database, ect?

OK. So this is the ticket!

@ work, but will try when I get home!
Thank You Andrew!!!

Deleting and installing the core deletes the database as well. If you don’t have a lot of playlist or metadata edits this doesn’t really matter Roon can rebuild your collection from scratch. If you do have a lot of playlist or metadata edits you can just restore the database from a backup.

I also deleted the Roon Core on the SonicTransporter and reinstalled using the following steps:

I went into “Software Manager”, went to “Installed Apps” tab, clicked Roon Server, and selected “DELETE”. Rebooted the sonictransport, went to “Available Apps” tab, and installed Roon Server.

Rebooted the sonictransporter again. Waited until it launched and then went to one of the Roon Endpoints, clicked it, and the same problem appeared: “Waiting for remote core …” I did NOT select the “Select a different Core” tab.

@agillis pointed out that I must “Select a different Core”, which I subsequently did and was able to connect my Endpoint.

However, I had to reestablish my connection to my NAS, reconnect my backup location, and scroll through my Roon Backups until I found the most recent backup, in this case, July 3rd, 2022.

Restored the backup in ROON and - VOILA - all is back to normal. All playlists, all endpoints, all DSP settings - everything.

I can’t stress how important it is to monitor and verify your ROON backups as it will save your bacon. I also take screenshots of my setup just in case of some disaster that forces me to set up ROON from scratch.

Thanks to @agillis for helping out.

2 Likes

@agillis Thank you for assisting in this thread! I’ve marked it as a solution for now. If anyone runs into additional issues, please read through this thread and let me know if any issues persist.

All the best,
Ben

Thanks, Andrew!

Thanks for the detailed instructions! Will get it done tonite!

Fantastic.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.