Roon will not display after login

Same result i’m afraid. I attach a video of the installation and the associated log. I have recheck my router setup which i can confirm is okay.

I have loaded onto a windows 8 laptop to test and everything okay. Must be upgrade and windows 7 problem as it all worked fine that day before a loaded update.

Hi @Iain_Gibb,

We recently released Roon build 528 which contain some graphics-related changes, can you please upgrade your Windows 7 PC to the new version and let me know if there’s by any chance been any change with regard to this behavior?

Thanks for update. Not back in UK until end of month. Will get back to you once I hae tested new software

1 Like

Cleaned machine for fresh install, downloaded “rooninstaller64.exe”, ran, same problem

Hi @Iain_Gibb,

Thanks for confirming. Can I please ask that you send me a new set of logs with Roon running on the newest build? I’ll get these new logs over to QA for another look. Thanks!

It appears that the update has corrupted a windows 7 video driver somewhere/somehow. I used a clone drive with a clean install of windows 7 and all was okay. I have relunctantly updated one of my desktops to windows 10 to run roon. All is up and running.

Hi @Iain_Gibb,

Thanks for the update here! It is certainly strange that this driver issue impacted Roon in this way, but in any case glad to hear that reinstalling the OS and updating the other desktop has resolved this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.