Roon will not import wav files

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac macOS Big Sur 11.1
Roon v 1.7 build 710

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
ELAC Discovery Connect

Description Of Issue
I’m trying to import various versions of the same CD. Two use wav files and another uses DSD. I can import the DSD version but not the wav file versions. The CD files are stored on a LaCie usb device connected to the iMac.

Hi @Chris_whitfield,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Hi Dylan

I meant to say that I have checked that none of the files are in the Skipped Files folder.

Below is an image of a version of the CD containing wav files that did not to transfer to Roon and the DSD version that did transfer

Chris

What does make you think so? What did you expect to see when you import versions of an album you already have?

Are you sure it’s not just that?

No, I started with the wav files and then went to the DSD version in desperation. The CDs have slightly different names so Roon would presumable see them as different CDs.

Have you got any ideas why these files are no importing to Roon?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.