Roon will not launch regardless of Core location

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Antipodes DS GT or Roon Server installed on a Win10 PC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet, connected to Telco router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Lumin S1, Ethernet

Description Of Issue
Roon will not launch, regardless of whether Roon Core is on a dedicated server or a PC. It gets this far (screen shot attached) and then freezes. Have tried logging out and switching Cores but with same results.

Hi @Igor_Kivritsky1,

What Roon Remote are you using to control Roon Server, it looks like a Windows one?
Can you try re-installing just the remote aspect of it?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location (On the Windows PC)
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Connect the new interface to the existing Core
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs

I sort of have already done that because the issue started with Core running on the Antipodes server. I then loaded a fresh install of Roon Server + re-installed Roon Remote app on the PC with same results.

Hi @Igor_Kivritsky1,

Can you please send me a copy of your Roon Client logs by using these instructions? To clarify, this is the log set should be from \LocalAppData\Roon\Logs, not the RoonServer folder. If you don’t have Dropbox / Google Drive to send the logs over, just me know and I’ll provide another method, thanks!

Turns out it was a PC issue. I hate PC’s! As soon as I conned my Mac and connected to Core on the Antipodes it works fine.

1 Like

Hi @Igor_Kivritsky1,

Did you manage to resolve the issue on the PC?
Or are you planning to only use the Mac remote?
Do let me know if you need further help!

Using iPad remote which did hiccup the other day but I think that was a wifi issue.

1 Like

Hi @Igor_Kivritsky1,

Shall I go ahead and close this case then?

Yes you can close it thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.