Roon will not open after mac reboot. Fatal Error: could not create lock file

Hi @stephen_condon ---- Thanks for chiming in here. Have you given this [procedure] (http://kb.roonlabs.com/Installing_Roon) a shot yet?

-Eric

@support

Is there a way to delete my current room download and redownload without losing all my changes?

Thanks Eric,
I haven’t tried that but, I have rebooted the computer many times before without problem. I did get a strange message after rebooting. ‘CoreTelephony Trace File Error. Error opening file/temp/ct.shutdown, err = operation not permitted.’ Not sure what that means.

@support

I get the same core telephony message as well

Hi John,
I just checked Apple support and there is a discussion of the issue there. I wonder why this is cropping up all of a sudden.

@support

Any word on solution?

@John_Culver ---- Looking into it right now, please stand by. Thanks!

-Eric

try to follow these instructions? http://www.macosxblog.com/how-to-fix-coretelephony-trace-file-error-on-mac/

also, double check you aren’t out of disk space

I’m like 95% sure the permissions on your /tmp directory are bad (the url above helps you fix that) – it explains the lock file error in Roon too.

@support

Thanks Danny

I tried 1-3 and still get th error message

Not sure how to create directory for solution 4???

@support

I also think I did not do 2 correctly. Where is /private? I searched in settings and did not find it.

John, Thanks for trying those. I tried #1 without success. I wasn’t sure what private was either.

In Finder, click Go, then Go To Folder. You will need to type /private with the slash.

Once you have the Private folder open, you can follow the instructions or press Apple + I to open the Info popup.

@support

Sorry, but can’t find Go under Finder, I clicked on everything

1 Like

@support

I am using screen saving and thus my desktop is a bit different

anyway, I am in sharing and permissions and it says read only, not sure how to change???

Thanks so much for the help

You’ll need to click the little lock to make changes, then you can click the various permissions (Read|Write) to change them.

@support

I was doing that, still won’t make change

@support

Unlocked, clicked on read and write, nothing, locked again, nothing, unlock, repeat, etc. Nothing.

@support

I am calling Apple, new mini, I get free support…

@support

Still on line…

was able to change to read and write (had to change all 3 user types), still not working…