Roon will not open after mac reboot. Fatal Error: could not create lock file

@support

Any word on solution?

@John_Culver ---- Looking into it right now, please stand by. Thanks!

-Eric

try to follow these instructions? http://www.macosxblog.com/how-to-fix-coretelephony-trace-file-error-on-mac/

also, double check you arenā€™t out of disk space

Iā€™m like 95% sure the permissions on your /tmp directory are bad (the url above helps you fix that) ā€“ it explains the lock file error in Roon too.

@support

Thanks Danny

I tried 1-3 and still get th error message

Not sure how to create directory for solution 4???

@support

I also think I did not do 2 correctly. Where is /private? I searched in settings and did not find it.

John, Thanks for trying those. I tried #1 without success. I wasnā€™t sure what private was either.

In Finder, click Go, then Go To Folder. You will need to type /private with the slash.

Once you have the Private folder open, you can follow the instructions or press Apple + I to open the Info popup.

@support

Sorry, but canā€™t find Go under Finder, I clicked on everything

1 Like

@support

I am using screen saving and thus my desktop is a bit different

anyway, I am in sharing and permissions and it says read only, not sure how to change???

Thanks so much for the help

Youā€™ll need to click the little lock to make changes, then you can click the various permissions (Read|Write) to change them.

@support

I was doing that, still wonā€™t make change

@support

Unlocked, clicked on read and write, nothing, locked again, nothing, unlock, repeat, etc. Nothing.

@support

I am calling Apple, new mini, I get free supportā€¦

@support

Still on lineā€¦

was able to change to read and write (had to change all 3 user types), still not workingā€¦

Thanks John, For what itā€™s worth my MacMini is a 2012 I7 upgraded with ssd by OWC purchased at the end of June. I was unable to change permissions in /private folder, even after I unlocked it, it said I didnā€™t have permission to change read/write options. l only had read privileges.

@support

So, using the Mac OS blog instructions just about cratered my OS. MAC support says not to use them.

They are trying to find a fix now. i will post results.

@support

Eric or anyone from Roon. Apple is no help. They sent the issue to an engineer who will get back to me in a week.

In the meantime, I would sure love to have some music given how much I spent on the sw.

If I download a new Roon, I assume that will lose all the changes I have made (integrating tidal albums into my library, etc)?

Any more ideas? Seems awfully weird that a reboot would have this effect.

Thanks.

@support

BTW, Apple claims this is an issue with the iPhone sync to the iMac (something i didnā€™t think I had set yp). Not clear why that would prevent Roon from opening.

John, I deleted Roon and downloaded a new copy opened it and got the same error. I did not delete my Room library file.