Roon will not open my Tidal

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
My Tidal account is ok, my Roon account is ok, but suddenly Roon will not accept my Tidal. Why?

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Roon is run from my pc through wifi to my Auralic streamer,which works perfect for my Spotify account.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/)
My DAC is Topping D90 MQA

Description Of Issue
My Tidal is confirmed as ok but when I want to integrate it to the Roon, it will not accept it and talks about an error… what am I doing wrong?

Regards Kim

What is this error? Can you post a screen shot.

As a troubleshooting test, can you try hardwiring the PC to the LAN as WiFi can often be a source of issues and it’s not recommended to have the Roon Core machine on WiFi.

Hello Carl, the pc is connected to wifi hub through Ethernet cable. My streamer is Auralic Aries G1 which really works fine receiving throug wifi. The problem lies in the Roon software somevere.

I suddenly a few weeks back, had no Tidal through the Roon core pc. All my ripped CD:s where still working fine,and I have no problems playing them through the Auralic.

First I checked payments in Tidal, and that was ok, I could play lossy through my Auralic.

When I go in to Roon and want to configure Tidal, I am transfered to Tidal where I and asked to log in. I do that, and confimed that login was sucsessfull, but within a flash I come back to Roon hat there was an error and I should retry. This is like a loop, same message all the time.

I have reinstalled Roon once. Could it be something with my computer? Have some issues downloading latest upgrade of windows 10…

Regards Kim

Hi @joachim_von_Essen,

Can you please try to clear out your Roon cache and let us know if this helps?

• Exit out of Roon
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

If that still does not help, can you please use these instructions to send me a log set?
Any questions, just let me know!

2 posts were split to a new topic: Roon will not open my Tidal Account

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.