Roon will not open on one Windows 11 remote

Roon Core Machine

ROCK Intel 8.3 - UI screenshot below

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Both WiFi & Ethernet - BT Halo 2 Hib

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic Vega

I receive this screenshot when I try to open the remote on one Windows 11 device

As you can see Roon just freezes and won’t open. I have another Windows 11 device where it is working fine, plus it works fine on Android and Apple devices

I have uninstalled Roon on the affected device, downloaded the app again from your website and re-installed bu the problem remains

It first started when I tried to alter an artist’s details. I had a similar problem a few weeks when it was trying to load a track but it froze. I deleted the track from my library and the problem sorted itself. I can not find a way to delete this artist and the lp that was playing when the problem started was a Qobuz one

Thanks

Hi Ken,

Fellow user here. Try re-installing again, however, this time, before you do, go to users/[username]/appdata/local and rename Roon to Roon_old and then re-install. See if that helps. Also, was this a Win 10 machine updated to 11?

1 Like

Many thanks Daniel

Followed your advice

It’s now working perfectly

Best wishes

Ken

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.