Roon will not open - Windows 10 Core

How do i get logs for review ?

I’ve moved this to the support threads.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup and issue using this link as a guide.

OK I have uploaded log files for your scrutiny.
My set up
Acer swift 3 laptop 20Gb Ram
SSD
Windows 10 Pro AO and Fidelizer pro
uSB output to DAC SMSL M500
Balanced XLR to ELAC Navis active speakers
Re cap : issue ROON will not open ,Uninstalled /reinstalled several times without running

Hey @Robert_Jenkins,

Thanks so much for getting in touch and sorry about the trouble! I appreciate you sharing the details that you have. Also, a big thank you for already trying to troubleshoot.

I was hoping that, as a next step, you could manually reinstall the graphics drivers. The behavior you’re describing has been connected to Windows’ automatic updates. Would you mind:

• Restart your Windows Machine
  • Uninstall the graphics drivers
  • Download the graphics drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them
  • Launch Roon

Thanks so much :pray:

Hi Rebeka

I followed your procedure as described , but unfortunately ROON still refuses to boot up.
Screen message
“windows configuration in progress do not turn off”
Then
“windows could not complete and is removing updates”
Machine rebooted as normal
Then tried to open ROON
:
:

I would like to add, that all other apps are functioning perfectly , including TIDAL - launched independently from ROON.

Thank You

Tried a possible solution by editing Registry
Hkey Classes Root
.exe modify to exefile if not already
goto exefile
default application change to “%1”%*
expand shell and check open
again modify to “%1”%*
exit.
Open ROON- Still not opening

I am still waiting for a solution -support please

OK I have now deleted all ROON related folders in users /appdata etc old etc
Removed ROON
and re installed ROON
STILL DOES NOT OPEN
I am now at a loss how to move forward on this.
If any Roon Labs Staff are available to assist , I would be most grateful.

Hi @Robert_Jenkins

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)? Thanks!

I would disable or uninstall fidelizer for now too while troubleshooting as well as any antivirus or firewalls.

Hi @Robert_Jenkins

I agree with wizardofoz here — I’d definitely give that a try as we continue here.

Unfortunately we weren’t able to get much information from the logs you shared. Roon is crashing very early. Can you send Event Viewer logs?

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log... from the context menu
  5. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  6. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as.. from the context menu
  7. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save
  8. Send us a link to the logs

Hi Dylan,
I took the nuclear option and did a complete system rebuild.ROON is now back up as is AO and Fidelizer Pro.
But thank you for your response .

the nuclear option is the windows recommended method :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.