Roon will not play tracks, just skips through them quickly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

27" iMac (late 2013) with 3.2 GHz i5 processor and 16 GB RAM, Roon 1.6 (build 416, 64 bit),

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

MoCA 2.0 network to provide fully wired access to rooms, the iMac is not in the same room as my stereo system. In a closet in my listening room I have the MoCA 2.0 network adapter which connects via Ethernet to a Netgear switch. To this switch is connected my NAS (music storage) and a Sonore ultraRendu.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonore ultraRendu in Roon Ready mode, USB to Sonore ultraDigital

Description Of Issue

Roon will not play any tracks from an album or playlist, it just skips down the list and stays on each track for about a second. Roon was woking fine earlier, I created three playlists from local files and tried to play one and found that nothing was working correctly. I tried playing from the iMac and from my iPad Air 2 remote. I also tried playing from the iMac using the built-in output with no change in behavior, rebooting the iMac did not change anything either. I found several reports of similar problems but no clear solution or explanation of what occurred.

Edit: OK, I was able to get the iMac built-in output to work. Rebooting the ultraRendu has fixed the problem. Wish I knew what happened to cause the problem in the first place. Anyone have an idea?

Hi @Robert_Daines,

I’m glad to know that things are working for you now! It’s hard to say exactly what you were experiencing, it could have been due to resources available on the Core machine or networking bandwidth, but without more troubleshooting it’s hard to say for sure. If you see this behavior occur again please let us know and we can take a closer look.

@dylan, thank you for your response. I will keep an eye on this as others have been reporting similar behavior with Rendus on the Sonore sponsored forum at Audiophile Style site. If it happens again, I will try to remember to print out the Roon Diagnostics result from the Sonic Orbiter interface. Very frustrating when things “break” while they are not even being used. Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.