Roon will not start up, "There was an issue loading your database" after recent update, Roon suggested fix not effective!

Roon Core Machine

ROCK
NUC7i7BNH, 8GB, 128GB SSD, 3.5GHz
Seagate External HD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LS50 Wireless II’s (via TP-Link Powerline Adapter)

Number of Tracks in Library

300 ripped CD.

Description of Issue

After recent update I received an automated notice from Roon that possible/suspected DB corruption in ROCK’s WebUI.

I completely these actions, but basically no affect, issue unresolved, Roon unable to start/load!

Note: I was remiss and never implemented a formal backup routine after years of trouble free use and guess now this is part of the price of not doing what it’s supposed to do! I did find what I suspect is an automated backup of sorts that Roon created but to no avail, system will not start up!

Thanks for any ideas on next steps to get the tunes going again, I’m missing my Roon!

Roon doesn’t set up any database Backups. So, either you or someone else did this at one time.

What happens if you don’t Restore whatever Backup you think you are Restoring? Does Roon come up?

If you don’t want to recover any curation you might done and since your Restore didn’t seem to have worked anyway, skip the Restore step in the above instructions and start with a clean database.

Someone should move this to @support because it’s a situation where you’ll get some ideas from the community, but I bet that the staff will probably want to weigh in.

Sorry to hear this happened to you - and welcome to the community!

Done and standard support template added.

THANKS for your help!

1 Like

Awaiting technical support assistance with this issue as at the moment my system is still dead in the water! Tring to be patient…

If, as it appears, you don’t have a Roon Backup there’s no magic tech support is going to do for you.

Do all the above suggested steps, except for a Restore, you’ll be back in business.

If it turns out you do have a valid Backup, you can Restore that at any time.

1 Like

Hi @Chris_Hayden,

Are things working if you follow the steps and DON’T restore any backups?

I show that ROCK has communicated back to our servers in the last 24 hours.

Thanks,
Wes

Hi Wes, Form,
Yes! Form had the right idea to get this fixed and now I’m back in business and just in time for all that wonderful holiday music. Thanks for the follow-up!

All the Best,
Chris

1 Like

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.