Roon will not work - simple icon screen - frozen

Roon was working at my location in IL. Moved to FL and now the unit will not function. Starting Roon application from Mac OS or iPad, either screen only display simply half circle/music icon like it is working but never leave this status. Roon purchase from Room, with internal Samsung 2TB SSD drive. Roon connected to ethernet (working correctly) and would be driving PS Audio DAC, but cannot get past icon screen; will run for hours if let alone. No results. Necessary to reboot Roon software or reformat drive. All music is also stored on my Mac.

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Sherwood, this may be a network issue in your new FL location. Are you using a Nucleus purchased from Roon for the Core or another computer for the Core? If you have a Nucleus, can you use a web browser to connect to the Core by entering its IP address?

Given the issues, it may be best to complete the information listed below to assist with what you are experiencing:

How To Get In Touch With Roon Support

If you’re having a problem with Roon and something isn’t working as expected, you’ll want to make a post in the #support category.

To help our team resolve your issue, please make sure to describe the issue, and describe your setup.

Describe The Issue

When you start a thread in the #support category, make sure to include:

• What’s not working
  • How often the issue occurs

This could be “every time I start the app”, or “every time I click a certain button”, etc.

If you’re having a crash or an issue that happens sporadically, it’s helpful if you can let us know an approximate time for when it last happened.

Describe Your Setup

It’s important that you include all relevant setup information so our team can get a clear understanding of the issue.

Your post should include:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
  • Audio devices in use
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Including these details in your first post helps us resolve your issues faster.

Hey @Sherwood_Bollier,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know.

@Robert_F is correct in that filling out as much information as possible on your original post is very helpful for our team to better diagnose and help with your issue. I’ve copied and pasted the info for you to edit on your original post.

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.