Roon win 10 pro

hi dylan;
roon will not open on win 10 pro . has been working fine for year or so.
roon will open on android phones, tables , a win 10 home computer, and a win 7 pro computer, all on same network.
this has to be a roon fault , even if win has had an update.
core is on a i7 nuc ssd drive heaps of ram, laptop has worked for year or so so it is not a problem , but you will ask ,so asus ,24 g ram i7 core 7700hq cpu 2.8 ghz ,64 bit win 10 pro, 2 ssd drives
other computer all work fine and are less than this . this computer is only control not core.
core is on I7 nuc , networked hp switch ,all music stored on hp server , all networked to end points, cisco commercial wi fi wired , every thing worked fine till this morning.
life member
thanks Paul

Hey @paul_osullivan — Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the difficulties here!

Just to verify, did this behavior start occurring after a Windows update? Can you confirm which Windows version you’re on?

Do you have any active antivirus or firewall on the Core machine? If so, does disabling them yield any change?

Can you try uninstalling the application and reinstalling?

Do you mind if I make this conversation public so others can see our troubleshooting steps here in the event they experience a similar issue?

Thanks!
Dylan

Thanks ;

I am fine with making public .

Can not open roon remote on asus laptop win 10 pro. (This has not been a problem lately )

Can open roon remote on old asus laptop win 7 pro.

Can open on hp decktop win 10 home

Can open on an assortment of android phones and tablets up 5 years old.

Roon server is on a NUC7i7 BNH with ssd and heaps of ram nothing else on NUC

Music files are on a hp proliant mirco-server.

Laptop is wired/ lan to HP 1420-24g switch

Router ASUS RTac870

Wireless is CISCO meraki MR 33 wired( lan to switch)

All end points are wired (lan)

Laptop which roon will not respond / freeze .

Asus intel R core TM i7-7700HQ 7th GEN @2.80GHz

24 G RAM window 10 PRO nvida geforce GTX 1060 card

Last updates – win 10 ver 1803 (kb4100347) installed on 15th /10/2018

Win 10 Update for adobe flash player (KB 4462930) installed on 12th/10/2018

Cumulative update for win 10 (KB 4462919) installed on 12th /10/2018

This used as remote only not for core.

Have check firewall, rebooted both NUC and laptop . roon opens partly - no responding. frozen

paul

Thank you for the information, @paul_osullivan!

If you uninstall Roon on the Win 10 remote laptop and reinstall it, is there any change here?

1 Like

to whom/ Eric;
as stated roon will not open , or gives roon not responding.
every thing else is fine . laptop is fine . laptop is not freezing .
when click on roon app it starts to open but gets no further , roon not responding .
so roon will not launch.
win 10 pro updates are as listed .
i am not totally sure , but i am guess (think) this has happened after the last set of updates , if it was the update on 15th or 12th i can not be sure.
i have uninstalled roon remote, an reinstalled , no change .
re booted laptop many times , rebooted NUC many times.
all that is left is to uninstall win 10 pro update , but am reluctant to do as i have a heap of work in progress on that laptop , to back up etc. always scared of uninstalling updates.

UPDATE; just now as i write this, i have uninstalled update KB 4100347, and roon opens start away.
i dont know what you we do with this info , but win 10 pro update KB 410034 is the culprit , going forward does roon talk to mircosoft , or does roon have to change or update .
i will leave machine with out up date till i hear from roon or someone.
i hope that will help .
win 10 pro update does not play with roon.
thanks
regards
paul

@paul_osullivan — I moved the response you sent in the PM here to the thread where your question is being addressed by Dylan for visibility.

“…going forward does roon talk to mircosoft , or does roon have to change or update .”

• Unfortunately Microsoft’s auto update policy has caused issues for lots of other softwares out in the world and not just Roon. If problems pop up when auto updates occur we do our best to resolve them but the updates themselves are out of our control.

-Eric

Note: Paul if you would like to respond please do so in this thread. As I asked you here kindly reframe from sending a new PM to support when you have an update, question, or further feedback like you had done here. As previously mentioned this makes tracking your updates harder and in order for us to engage you all information should be in single location.