Roon Windows App asks me to sign in every time

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

OK, here’s a little clarification: Say, on Monday, I open the Roon Core app, and I sign in with my credentials. I listen to Roon all day, at the end of the day I close the Core app and shut off my computer.

On Tuesday, I wake up, turn on my stereo, turn on my computer, fire up the Roon Core app, and I am once again required to enter my credentials and sign in.

My question is, why can’t I select an option somewhere to simply remain signed in?

Here are my details:

My Core is running on an Alienware Desktop with 32 GB of RAM and a Core i7-7700 CPU. I’m running Windows 10 Home 64bit Build # 19041.508

My Core is version 1.7 610 64 bit

I am streaming to a Sqeezebox Touch, which is connected vis wired ethernet via a Netgear Nighthawk X10 router.

My local files are stored on a Synology DS220+ NAS, and I also stream via my Tidal and Qobuz accounts. My librarry has 34,871 tracks.

And my question is: what is it about your setup that is causing the sign-out, rather than remaining signed in like the rest of us? As Carl asks, describe your setup to help Support in their diagnosis of your issue.

There is no option because but it should always retain your details, something is amiss … you will need help from Roon’s support team … that’s why I moved your post over to the #support section.

When support follow this up they will need more details of your setup to diagnose where the issue is.
It would save some time if you provided that in advance … as per the link I provided.

I appreciate the help, but the link you provided just pointed me to a post that contained links to faq articles. It didn’t really point to any guide for listing details on my setup.

I am runnings Windows 10 Home Version 2004 Build 19041.508 on an Alienware Desktop with an Intel Core i7 -7700 cpu. The computer has 32 GB of ram. I am running the latest version of Roon Core 1.7 build 610 (64 bit).

I think you need to read the second post in that thread - the one that is titled: How To Get In Touch With Roon Support

It will tell you how to describe your issue and how to list your setup…

1 Like

Ah, thanks, I missed that. I’ll edit my first post.

2 Likes

Hi @Nathaniel_Elam — Thanks for the details, and apologies for the trouble here!

As mentioned, Roon should be remembering your credentials and not requiring you to log in every time, and for most this is working properly, but we’ve seen a couple reports of this not working for some, so we are hoping you can provide some details about your setup so we can understand what might be resulting in this behavior.

Can you provide some details on your network? What router is in use? How is your Core connected?

Does this happen after just closing and re-opening Roon, or does it only happen after the Core has been rebooted?

Thanks!

My router is a Netgear Nighthawk X10, it has the latesst firmware loaded and is configured to automatically update its firmware. My core is running on my Alienware Desktop, which I already described in detail, and it is connected to the Nighthawk router via Cat6 cable.

If I shut down the Core, then start it up soon thereafter, I am not being required to re-input my credentials. This appears to happen only after the computer has been rebooted.

In an effort to test, I just now rebooted my computer, and when I restarted the Roon Core, I didn’t have to log in. So it appears that there is a time factor involved. Tomorrow morning, when I wake and start my computer, I will let you know what happens.

This morning I started up the Roon Core and once again I had to enter my credentials.

Hello @Nathaniel_Elam, and thanks for your report! Could you please reply here with a timestamp of when this issue occurs next so I can enable diagnostics for your account? I’d like to get a report over to our team for further analysis. Thanks!

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

How is it possible there’s something I haven’t told you? I have listed all the details in my system, some of them multipe times, in this thread. Are you not reading the thread?

Here, I’ll paste it all into one response for you:

OK, here’s a little clarification: Say, on Monday, I open the Roon Core app, and I sign in with my credentials. I listen to Roon all day, at the end of the day I close the Core app and shut off my computer.

On Tuesday, I wake up, turn on my stereo, turn on my computer, fire up the Roon Core app, and I am once again required to enter my credentials and sign in.

My question is, why can’t I select an option somewhere to simply remain signed in?

Here are my details:

My Core is running on an Alienware Desktop with 32 GB of RAM and a Core i7-7700 CPU. I’m running Windows 10 Home 64bit Build # 19041.508

My Core is version 1.7 610 64 bit

I am streaming to a Sqeezebox Touch, which is connected vis wired ethernet via a Netgear Nighthawk X10 router.

My local files are stored on a Synology DS220+ NAS, and I also stream via my Tidal and Qobuz accounts. My librarry has 34,871 tracks.

My router is a Netgear Nighthawk X10, it has the latesst firmware loaded and is configured to automatically update its firmware. My core is running on my Alienware Desktop, which I already described in detail, and it is connected to the Nighthawk router via Cat6 cable.

If I shut down the Core, then start it up soon thereafter, I am not being required to re-input my credentials. This appears to happen only after the computer has been rebooted.

Is there anything else I haven’t told you?

The only remote I use is an iPad, it’s running Roon version 1.7 Build 610 Stable also.

Exactly what format do you want this timestamp in? You just need me to tell you the date and time as reported by my wall clock? Or is there a function in the software you want the output from?

I started up the Roon Core this evening, 9/15/2020 at 23:23:45 EDT after the computer had been turned off for around 5 hours and once again I was required to put in my credentials.

Hello @Nathaniel_Elam,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Thank you very much. Unfortunately I am now out of town on a business trip, it will be a couple of weeks before I can restart the Roon Core.

Hello @Nathaniel_Elam, thanks for the update! Let me know when you’re back in town and we’ll try to pull diagnostics again.

The question here is, how are you closing the program? If you sign out you will have to sign in when you reopen the program (Roon, Qobuz, Tidal, etc.). So don’t sign out. In windows just click the X at the top right. For Ipad pause the music and dim the screen. Works for me.

1 Like

All I’ve ever done is to x out of the window, I’ve never signed out of the Roon Core, not on purpose anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.