Roon with Dante Virtual Soundcard(DVS)?

Hi,

I am evaluating Roon Server running on my Win2012R2 box which uses Dante Virtual Soundcard(DVS) to send music out to a Focusrite Rednet D16 and then on to my DAC. DVS has two options: ASIO and WDM.

If I choose ASIO then Roon Server does not recognize it as an output device at all. If I choose WDM it sees it but will not play music to it, plus WDM is limited to 24/44(and 32/48) for "Hi-Res.

As I am running a trial version before purchasing I would like to know if this is even possible before spending more time on it. I am pretty sure that if I used USB I could get it working but DANTE sounds much better on my system. I did install the Windows Essentials Media pack but am not sure that I got the “role” configured.

Thanks for any help. I was hoping to get on board when Qobuz launches with Roon integration.

I was able to get is working and it now recognized DANTE using ASIO.

I think that was more of my learning my way around Roon that any technical issues. I am running Roon Server on Windows Server 2012R2 with the Windows Essentials Media pack installed and my music stored locally on an SSD. I am using the most current versions of RedNet Control and DVS and have sample rate following enabled. DVS using ASIO sends audio to my Rednet D16 which supports 24/192. The path shows as lossless and ASIO is exclusive by default.

The “fix” was that I decided to add Roon Bridge to my headphone rig which has it’s own PC audio server but uses a USB output. In the process I found the audio settings on my iPad and realized that "Dante Virtual Soundcard(x64) was indeed showing up there. Once chosen and a couple of choices made it just worked. I can also now play to my headphone rig using the files on my other server so I may disconnect the SSD on the HP system once I compare audio streamed vs local.

Now if Qobuz will release their US version I will be set!

(Sorry for the cross-post)

Hello @mourip,

Glad to see you got things working, let us know if you run into any other issues!

-John

Thanks John. Not only does it work but it sounds better to me than JRiver which I liked…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.