Roon with Devialet AIR [Solved - Reinstalled Roon]

Hi Roon.
I have an issue trying to use Devialet AIR with roon.
I am running the latest Roon server on Ubuntu 18.04.
I simply cant find the Devialet.
Funny thing is that it has been working for weeks, but suddenly stopped.
It works fine with Roonserver installed on Win10.
I am using IPAD as Roon Remote. No software upgrade on Devialet.
Any suggestions ?
Best regards
Niels Larsen

Strange… have you made any other changes? Did you reboot the Devialet amp? Restart Roon core? The Ubuntu PC?
Is your iPad available as an endpoint in Roon on Ubuntu? In Windows?

I have exactly the same issue. I run Roon on MacBook Air. I has been working for weeks and suddenly Roon does not detect the Devialet. I have to go throughMy Devialet…

No , no otter changes or software upgrades. Rebooted all devices several times. Roon sofwareudvikling simply wont se Devialet via AiR

If no changes have been made and Roon on Linux just stopped seeing your Devialet I think this is something @support needs to look at. By noticing them like this you’ll know your problem is seen.

Hello @niels_larsen,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over this issue with you. I have a few questions/ suggestions here:

• Can you please post a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio page?
  • What model Devialet Air device are you using?
  • How is the device connected in this setup, via Ethernet or WiFi?
  • Are there any Firewalls in place on your Router? Can you please list the model and manufacturer for your Router and any Switches/Range Extenders you have in this setup?
  • Are you using the newest version of the Devialet Firmware?
  • Is the AIR driver configured according to our recommended setup settings?

Please let me know your reply when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris.
Thanks for fast reply.
I have attached 2 screenshots. If you need more let me know.
I am using Devialet 220 PRO with latest sofware.
It uses ethernet. I tried wireless. Same result.
No firewalls involved. One broadcast domain. All sitting on one layer 2 switch.
And yes, Air is configured as recommended.
THe funny part is that it was working for several weeks. The Ubuntu server was turned off for a few days and then it for some reason stopped working.
Best regards
Niels

Hello @niels_larsen,

Thank you for the info and the screenshots. A few follow up questions:

• Can you confirm if the Devialet shows up under Airplay when attempting to stream to it?
  • What is the model/manufacturer of your Router and model/manufacturer of your layer 2 switch?
  • Can you please post a screenshot of what you’re seeing under the Audio Tab? It should look something like this:

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris
I have attached a screenshot of rquested.

Same result with “airplay” mode on Devialet. Nothing shows up.
The router is from my ISP named DOCSIS 3.1
The switch is a Cisco 2960 CX 8 port. No errors on the interface. Furthermore I had a constant ping running to both the Devialet and the Roon server ( THe NUC Ubuntu). No packet loss and latency around 1 msecond
Best regards
Niels

I have attached a screenshot when it goes via desktop

Hello @niels_larsen,

Thank you for providing the screenshots. It seems something is preventing Roon from communicating with the network properly on your NUC. The local zones on your NUC are hosted on the RAATServer process, which communicates using 127.0.0.1 localhost to the Core process. If the local zones are not appearing, then Roon cannot access localhost. Is there anything that could be preventing proper communication for the NUC? Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi again Noris.
Actually no. I have no idea what could prevent it communicatring with network. A constant ping works perfect. But then again that is only the ICMP protocol.
Would you recommend a total re installion of the NUC ? New Ubuntu + Roon server ?
Best regards
Niels

Hello @niels_larsen,

You are very welcome to try reinstalling the OS and Roon if you’d like, there is a very high chance that this would resolve the issue. I have also reached out to the technical team regarding this case to see if they can offer other suggestions but please let me know if things are still not working as expected after the reinstall.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris
A total re installation of Ubuntu and Roon solved the problem. Thanks for the support
Best regards
Niels

Hello @niels_larsen,

Glad to hear that, thanks again for contacting support and wish you a pleasant listening experience!

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.