Roon with Qutest DAC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MBP 2.9GH CORE i9 2018 OS Mojave

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

USB from MMP to Chord Qutest DAC, RCA out to Hagel H90 intergrated amp and/or Trilogy 931 headphone amp

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Chrod Qutest DAC
Hagel H90 integrated
Trilogy 931 Headphone amp

Description Of Issue
Hi there
Chord Qutest DAC when connected via usb to MBP and RCA out to Hagel amp works fine , changes colours to different bit rate levels of recordings as normal. When I swap out for my Trilogy 931 headphone amp again USB from MBP to Qutest and RCA out to Trilogy the qutest does not change colour with different bit rates and just stays on whatever colour it was on previously. Is this normal and how can I get it to change like it does when connected

the Hagel H90 integrated. I have attached some pictures of both device set ups within Roon. Much more options with the Qutest.
Thanks
Sean

I have moved the thread to #support.

You say that the signal path is MBP > Qutest > Hagel | Trilogy yet you have a device listed for the Trilogy. Why is this? You should be using the Qutest zone for both, swapping out the RCA connectors. It’s unclear which device each screenshot refers, but I assume the first is the ‘Trilogy’ device. There is no need for a second device under zones.

Hi Martin
Thanks for the reply, Yes all sorted one zone as Qutest for both devices.
Thanks for your help.

Sean

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.