Roon with Tidal problem

Hello
For a few days I have a big problem with Tidal palying via Roon. I use roon v. 1.4 on mac mini.
Songs playing from my hard drive work good, but when I play something form Tidal music stop playing after 30 sec, sometimes after 1 minute. Roon does not react. I need to restart it and I can play music again.
Earlier when I use previouse version of Roon I didnt have this problem.
I tried many settings with dual buffering enabled and disabled with and without DSP equalizer, but the problem keeps repeating. I restarted Roon server and computer, but it did not help. The only change I made in recent times is update Roon to version 1.4.
Could You help me?

@Piotr_Szczygielski You might like to post more info about your setup including but not limited to the MacMini year and CPU speed plus your networking.

See info here

Hi @Piotr_Szczygielski ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. The insight is very appreciated!

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following information:

• Please expand on the description of your setup using this link as a guide. I want to have a better sense as to what gear you are currently working with.

• Please describe your network configuration/topology being sure to provide detailed insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing. I want to have a clear understanding as to how your devices are communicating across your network and all the “tools” involved with making these connections possible.

• When you notice that TIDAL playback has stopped does Roon generate any error message or warning?

-Eric

Hello

I use mac mini i5 2.3 GHz, 2011, Hdd SSD 256 GB, 8 GB RAM, MacOS 10.12
Internet connection 20 Mb/s

Thank you for describing where your Roon core is being hosted @Piotr_Szczygielski, very appreciated!

By chance have you had a moment to review the rest of my data gathering questions above?

• Please describe your network configuration/topology being sure to provide detailed insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing. I want to have a clear understanding as to how your devices are communicating across your network and all the “tools” involved with making these connections possible.

• When you notice that TIDAL playback has stopped does Roon generate any error message or warning?

-Eric

Hi Eric
The Internet in my system is quite fast - about 20 MB / s. My computer is connected to the router via wi-fi. I tried to solve the problem. I checked my system with another router, but the problem did not disappear. I can listen to about 1 minute of the song, and then the message “Tidal loads too slowly” appears and the next song starts playing. After one minute of playback, the same information appears again and the next song starts playing and again and again… I also updated the system on my Mac to 10.13.4 and Roon to 1.5 version, but it not helped.
I will just add that when I use dedicated Tiadal aplication everything work excelent.

When I used Roon 1.3 everything worked excellent. I am already depressed:-(

greetings Peter

Have you tried rebooting the whole show …

Including the router and fibre modem ( if you have ) , I find that helps, things just get “clogged up”

Mike

Yes I did it in first step:-(

Peter

Hi @Piotr_Szczygielski ---- Thank you for getting back to me. The follow up is appreciated.

Continuing forward, based on the symptoms you are describing this feels like there is an issue occurring with your network as locally stored content is not exhibiting the same behavior:

“Songs playing from my hard drive work good, but when I play something form Tidal music stop playing after 30 sec, sometimes after 1 minute.”

As such, I will need to have the details of your network configuration and all the devices involved with your setup. Having this information will allow me to advise on any variables that I believe could be having influence on this behavior you are experiencing with TIDAL based content.

Furthermore, during your troubleshooting have you tried taking your core machine off of Wifi and connecting it directly to your router? Outside of Roon do you have any issues with TIDAL playback via TIDAL’s webUI or desktop application?

-Eric

Hi Eric

Welcome back. Still have problem with Tidal in Roon. Below You can find screenshots with my Roon settings, and screen with internet speed, and comunicate from Roon error. Any Ideas?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Issues playing TIDAL content via Roon