Roon won’t start on pc core. Reinstall didn’t help

My dedicated pc will no longer start roon. Loading icon displays forever. Pc still works fine running tidal via chrome thru my LS50w. Recently did sw update on LS50w but roon won’t start even with speakers off. Any ideas?

Hi Neal,

Not official support, but, can you provide details on your core machine and network. As well as any error messages, if any.

Sounds like my issue, posted earlier…

Thank you
Intel i7, 32gb RAM, 1TB SSD, 64bit OS build 19041.985
Network is Comcast modem to Netgear Orbi to PC hardwired
I took W10 update KB5003173 on May 13, which lines up with my experience. All reliable before. No error message…

Have you seen this? Latest Windows 10 update issue is trashing audio quality
You might try rolling back that update and see if it makes a difference.

Update: uninstalled KB5003173, problem persists. New at this, so observing that the update still shows installed on 5/13 on Update History but has disappeared from list of available uninstalls.
Found KB5001330 installed during previous uninstall dated 5/16 and uninstalled it too. Paused updates.
Now KB5000802, presumably older, installed on 5/16 too. Attempted uninstall fails, “not all updates successfully uninstalled”.
Roon problem persists.

Loaded roon on my laptop, which shows that updates are current but the recent updates on the music pc are not there. Install seems to work although I haven’t hooked it up to the speakers. Just wanted to verify… PC is connected with WIFI.

Apologies for the delay, @Neal_Harvey! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Are you still seeing this issue? If so, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.