Roon won’t start

Hi,

New user here. I recently bought a Synology NAS and copied my extensive MP3 Library to it. I installed the Roon Server app to it and after installing the GUI apps to my iPhone and iPad Roon initially worked fine. It read my music and the interface on the albums/artist bios came up as expected. But shortly after (within a week or so), the GUI started to really slow down before starting and now it doesn’t start at all.

I wonder if someone is able to help me with the fault finding process please to get on track?

I actually have a second question regarding metadata of my compilation albums. In that the metadata is more or less non-existent and therefore when Roon did work for the first few days it wasn’t able to read the artist info for the tracks on the compilation albums. Would be great if someone also has any ideas on filling in the metadata gaps pls. (Ps I did start tinkering with MusicBrainz but it seems like I have to manually find the metadata for each and every track and for x00s compilation albums this seems like an impractical task).

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks and regards,
Sean

Welcome to the forum, @Sean_Davies!

I’ve move your post to the #support thread. However, so you can get the help needed please describe your setup in more detail. (See https://community.roonlabs.com/t/im-having-a-problem-with-roon-where-do-i-report-it/2185/5.)

Describe Your Setup

It’s important that you include all relevant setup information so our team can get a clear understanding of the issue.

Your post should include:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs)
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
  • Audio devices in use
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Including these details in your first post helps us resolve your issues faster.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.