Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Roon core (QNAP NAS dedicated to Roon) is hardwired Ethernet to the same UniFi switch as the PC where music files are located.
Roon Remote running on iPad and iPhone
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
BlueSound Node2i and Devialet Phantom Reactor speakers.
Description Of Issue
After a Power Outage my QNAP NAS restarted and everything came back and it took awhile for Roon to restart. Once the Roon Core was up, my roon remote (iPad/iPhone) displayed a message Waiting for a connection which never went through.
Upon clicking “select a different core” it found the NAS but it wasn’t able to display music. It said the library could not be found. After much trying, I decided to remove and re-add the music file share. This initially took a while but always errored out with a similar message saying it could not access the share.
I restarted the NAS, my PC, the iPad no difference
After much trying I removed and reinstalled both Roon Remote and Roon Core and I now get an error when trying to add the share it errors right away with a different message saying: “Could not connect to share: Unauthorized”.
I verified the share is up and accessible from all other devices including Sonos, Node 2i, my other laptop and from the iPad running SMB explorer app.
Is Roon caching the NAS connection string somewhere and causing this weird behavior?
Any ideas on how to reset the Roon remote so that it sees the share?
What’s interesting is that the error is instantaneous, like it’s not even trying to connect like it was previously. Before re-installing everything the roon remote would take about a minute or longer to timeout after trying to connect and the error was different.
I’m creating a test share to try again and see if that helps
The roon remote is only sending commands to the core to connect to the Library, right? and not really part of the equation so it’s just the roon core the one that’s having the connectivity issues. I just deinstalled the core and noticed it leaves behind a bunch of folders in the volume. I’m going to re-format that 128G SSD volume and try again.
BTW is this the right way of installing the Core and DB?
Finally got this fixed. I reformatted the drive where Roon Core was originally installed so all the old folders were gone and then re-installed the core as usual. It still didn’t seem to like the firstname.lastname@example.org account I was using (nor the previous “luis1” account I was using) so I also created a new “luisx” account and password and that plus the above took care of the problem. So it does seem to be some weird credential caching going on.
For the record, just for kicks I removed the library and re-added it afterwards with “all lower case” and no problems at all so it is NOT CASE SENSITIVE.
Anyway, thanks everybody that chimed in to help!! I’ve earned my drinks today and that’s where I’m heading now