Roon won't find ultraRendu without full reboot

Yes it is still happening with the new computer. I am ready to try a Nucleus+.

I am only using the AT&T router for my internet and television connections. Everything else is routed through a Luxul XWR-3100 Wifi router. The switch I am using for my digital audio is a 16 port Linksys Gigabit. I am open to suggestions as to which brand of switch to use.

Two devices giving out IP address on the same network is a messy thing. Use one router and add switches to expand the system in order to keep everything on the same network.

@Louis_Berkman - I would double check the mulitcast settings on your routers and then check to see if you have the option to enable “flow control” on the Linksys switch as I have seen that help in the past. We usually recommend “unmanaged” switches (aka non-configurable switches).

I would try to see if you can place that Luxul router in to “Access Point Mode” and have the ATT router handle all the IP address assignments, it may help.

– Noris

I have achieved an excellent solution to my problem. I just installed a Nucleus+ and moved Roon onto it. The results are amazing. EVERYTHING connects and works EVERY time. I believe there are certain network issues in Windows 10 that depending on the configuration, prevents Roon from connecting.

The Nucleus+ is a revelation. There is a whole level of information present that wasn’t there before. And everything works perfectly. This is what Roon is really all about.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.