Roon won't launch on my Mac

I’m trying to run Roon on my main computer - Mac mini 2012. The initial splash screen disappears, and is replaced by the full sized screen with a circle in the middle - solid on the left hand side, animated on the right - and that’s it. The program doesn’t load past that screen. I can right click on the icon in the dock and close the program, so no need to force quit. If I do that and execute Roon again the program still refuses to load. Everything was working ok earlier today. Any suggestions?

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? Are your music files on a local disc or a NAS? Do you have a Tidal subscription or not? Are you running a Trial version, is it only installed on this one Mac?

My files are on a locally attached USB drive. I don’t have a screenshot, but I can post one later. I don’t have a Tidal subscription. I was on a Roon trial that that was due to end this weekend, but was extended to the end of June by Roon - I suspect that this is the cause of the problem, though there’s no ‘end of trial’ message, If anyone from Roon reads this, my email is the one with unsworth in the middle of it.

Roon is running on a single Mac as a server, and another as a client. Neither is working - the client problem is probably due to the server not being operative.

@OneHandWaving - Yes it sounds like you need assistance from the Roon team. Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

Hi @OneHandWaving – sorry for the inconvenience here. I’m going to send you a PM to get some more info.

I was updating the un identified albums, so it could be an internal database error.