Roon won't load Core (Frozen)

I am running Roon ROCK on an Intel NUK i5. I am connected by Ethternet cable (not WiFi) using a TP-link router.

This morning, Roon wouldn’t load and reported that the database needed to be restored from a backup. After I restored from the backup, it is trying to connect to the Core but is frozen. I have rebooted the Core and tried again several times, and it always freezes up before loading the Core. I get the same behavior on an iPad as well as on a PC. A screen shot follows. Even though the screen states “connecting”, it just sits there. I have let it sit for over an hour and nothing happens.

Any advice on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Luis

Moved to Support

@Luis_Puncel, if you reboot your NUC Core and before you try connecting to it remotely, can you connect to the Core’s web administration interface via a web browswer by typing the Core’s IP address in the address bar of the browser?

Update: The core now connects on both my iPhone and iPad, but it still will not connect on my Windows 10 PC. Strange.

To answer your question, yes I can connect to the Core’s web admin interface.

Thanks for your help.

@Luis_Puncel, you may want to check your W10 PC and see if it changed its network setting to “Public” from “Private”. Roon needs it to be set to Private. Also, do you have firewall exceptions set on the W10 PC for roon.exe and raatserver.exe?

Problem resolved. I rebooted the PC and the firewall software popped up and asked me if I wanted to give access to RAAT. I allowed it, and now the PC will connect with the core.

Thanks for your help on this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.