Roon won't load on Mac - just get logo

I’ve followed the instructions on how to rename your Roon folder to “old” and then restore my database. So far so good. Roon seemed to start working again. Once I have a full restore, and once I attempt to log in, I still just get the Roon logo. It’s stuck. Again. I’m using 1.8 and my mac is up to date.

what is the Mac specs year etc…sounds like maybe an OpenGL issue

Wow thanks for the quick reply.

I’ve had Roon for years and love it…it just crapped out all of a sudden. I reloaded it again…but did not point to the backup so I can at least get to my Tidal.
Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 8.50.49 AM

I think this should head to #support area so moving it there but you might like to give more details on the setup…

you might also try Roon Server and restore a backup to that - but you might need to run a remote roon connection if the GUI wont start.

being its a weekend Roon support will only get to this next week in their queue

thanks. any update?

@patrick_perez, there seems to be some sort of bug regarding OpenGL and one of the suggestions I came across is go to “Energy Saver” in “System Preferences” and deselect “Automatic graphics switching”. I don’t know if this will help, but if you do have automatic graphics switching turned on it’s probably worth turning it off to see if it helps.

David I don’t see that as an option.
Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.47.33 AM

Sorry about that. I misread your screen grab as MacBook Pro rather than Mac Pro. Hopefully support will chip in with a more useful response.

hi Support - any update?

I’m so sorry this was missed, @patrick_perez. Can you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.