Roon won't open. Non-responsive

Have a Mini-mac, 10.10.3. Was working for a year until yesterday. I shut down the computer and next day Roon wouldn’t launch. I tried downloading Roon and starting over - still didn’t launch.

Are you getting an error @Jerome_Dowis? Can you post a screenshot?

No Error message. The app just won’t launch - doesn’t open. Thanks.

Can you try the steps outlined here:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-wont-launch-at-all-on-os-x-the-icon-just-bounces-and-stops-whats-happening/325

Let us know how it goes!

Neither suggestion worked. [quote=“mike, post:4, topic:16225, full:true”]
Can you try the steps outlined here:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-wont-launch-at-all-on-os-x-the-icon-just-bounces-and-stops-whats-happening/325

Let us know how it goes!
[/quote]

It didn’t work with either approach. The Icon moves up and down once and nothing more happens.

Hello @Jerome_Dowis,
Can you please try the following:

Reboot your device > Open Terminal > Type the command below > Press ‘Enter’

/Applications/Roon.app/Contents/MacOS/Roon

Typing in the above resulted in the Roon app starting, but then I got a message about it having a problem with loading
the database.

We need to check your logs, I will contact you shortly via PM.

I figured out what was wrong. Restarted it then, and it loaded the music libraries.It’s working now - thanks!

Can you share with us what was the issue ?

Thanks

Yes, I had another music player open that wouldn’t allow basic services. Shut it down and restarted. Everything
was fine then.

Using a Mac Pro with latest version of Roon. The ron icon just stays in scan mode and will not stop. So I cant even get to Roon.

Hello @hmb2,

What is ‘scan mode’ ?

Have you tried to follow steps below?

By scan mode I mean that the Roon icon stay in the middle of the screen with the wavey lines on the right side of the icon moving. But it stays that way without allowing me to access Roon. I can access the menu but nothing works. For example i cannot disable a library (in the event that was the cause of the problem).

I have tried going to Terminal (I am using using a mac pro with lots of RAM) and entering
/Applications/Roon.app/Contents/MacOS/Roon

But that does not helo.
Henry

Here is what I get from Terminal:
[2012MacPro:~] henrybow% /Applications/Roon.app/Contents/MacOS/Roon
00:00:00.000 Debug: Attempting to load library: /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation
00:00:00.021 Info: Library[/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation] Loaded success => True
00:00:00.022 Debug: Attempting to load library: /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/AppKit
00:00:00.025 Info: Library[/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/AppKit] Loaded success => True
/Applications/Roon.app/Contents/MacOS/Roon00:00:02.150 Debug: Attempting to load framework: /System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework
00:00:02.151 Info: Framework[/System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework] Loaded success => True
00:00:02.152 Debug: Attempting to load framework: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework
00:00:02.152 Info: Framework[/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework] Loaded success => True
00:00:02.153 Debug: Attempting to load library: libHIDRemoteNative.dylib
00:00:02.153 Info: Library[libHIDRemoteNative.dylib] Loaded success => True
00:00:02.153 Debug: Attempting to load library: libSPMediaKeyTapNative.dylib
00:00:02.154 Info: Library[libSPMediaKeyTapNative.dylib] Loaded success => True
00:00:00.000 Debug: Attempting to load library: /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation
00:00:00.022 Info: Library[/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation] Loaded success => True
00:00:00.022 Debug: Attempting to load library: /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/AppKit
00:00:00.025 Info: Library[/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/AppKit] Loaded success => True
/Applications/Roon.app/Contents/MacOS/Roon00:00:02.196 Debug: Attempting to load framework: /System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework
00:00:02.198 Info: Framework[/System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework] Loaded success => True
00:00:02.198 Debug: Attempting to load framework: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework
00:00:02.199 Info: Framework[/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework] Loaded success => True
00:00:02.200 Debug: Attempting to load library: libHIDRemoteNative.dylib
00:00:02.200 Info: Library[libHIDRemoteNative.dylib] Loaded success => True
00:00:02.200 Debug: Attempting to load library: libSPMediaKeyTapNative.dylib
00:00:02.201 Info: Library[libSPMediaKeyTapNative.dylib] Loaded success => True
Calling _exit

Would it help to reinstall roon?

I trashed Roon and reinstalled from a web download. New version will not open either. Just in permanent scan mode (shows icon) but will not open music files.

I am thinking this may be a connection problem because when I go to Settings and select Account it goes into scan mode and will not change - Scan mode = Roon icon only shown and will not change or do anything. My Mac is connected to the Internet. Obviously. its a pretty good connection.

Roon is really letting me down here. Basically it appears to be unusable on my Mac where is used to function well. Have had no music now for a week except thru iTunes.

Hi Henry,

Where is your music located? On the internal HD, or external drive or NAS?

Also, has anything changed on your setup or did the problems occur after the latest update?

Let’s try and get @support back, but it may be Monday.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like