Roon wont open on PC but works through Android app on phone

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Core on Windows 10
Processor AMD x4 620. 2.6 GHz
64 bit. 8GB RAM.
Nvidia GTX 650

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear N900 wired connection.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Schiit bifrost mulitibit via USB
Panasonic TV TC-P60ST30 via HDMI.

Description Of Issue
Roon wont open on PC but works through Android app on phone.

[Moderator edit: collated details from later posts.]

Hi @lukasz_kais,

Has Roon worked on this PC before?

Do you receive any error messages?

Can you provide some more information about this PC?

Yes, it’s worked fine for six month until a few days ago. It gets to the screen that says that the resolution is to low, which was always the case but now it will not open up. No error massages. Windows 10, 64 bit. 8 gig ram. Like I said, no previous problems.

Sounds maybe Open GL related or maybe the real clue is your screen resolution is too low now and roon checking is being more stringent.

Simply ignoring the request for full information in the first post is not helping anyone help you.

Not sure what you mean by full information. Can you specify exactly what information you need. I think it is a screen resolution issue. How do I get around that?

Netgear n900 wired connection
Schiit bifrost mulitibit via USB
Processor amd x4 620. 2.6 GHz
8 gig ram
Nvidia gtx 650
Panasonic tc p60 st30 via hdmi

Hi @lukasz_kais,

This GPU supports OpenGL 3.0, so we can rule that out as a possible issue.

Is this your Core machine or just a remote?

Have you tried reinstalling just the Roon app? Is there any change after doing so?

Can you share a screenshot of this message?

Well it looks I inadvertently changed some display settings which prevented room from launching. I’ve now returned settings to where they were and everything is working. Thanks for all help.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.