Roon won't pass signal from Auralic Mini to receiver

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

1.7 (build 667) running for six months or so on a Nucleus (I am first and only owner/user)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Whole house Ethernet through a Netgear C7000v2 which has been working without issue for a year or so and Ethernet networking for all connected devices.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Nucleus -> Ethernet -> Auralic Mini -> RCA out to Denon AVR X3400H -> RCA to B&K Reference EX4420 -> Audioquest Rocket 88 speaker cables -> Magnepan MG 1.6 speakers.

NOTE: This system has been working flawlessly every day for a VERY long time and I have changed nothing recently

Description Of Issue

Yesterday, I got no audio output from Auralic Mini to Denon Receiver. I get a VERY weak hint of a signal from the Nucleus but no volume necessary for ordinary listening. ALL components working as usual, e.g., TV through Denon receiver, Roon Nucleus to Naim QB in the living room. Auralic Lightening DS App talking to the Mini normally.

I noticed some changes to the “Advanced” part of the “Device Info” in the Roon Audio setup menu but an email to Auralic returned instruction to contact Roon Customer Service. I suspect something here has recently changed (i.e., within the last 24 hours) which is the cause of the issue…

Have you tried any troubleshooting such as rebooting everything?

Just to rule out things, check if the volume set way too low in Roon or the Auralic unit itself. Also, check the advanced section of device. If the volume control is not set to fixed, make sure no volume limits are set.

Ged:
Yes, I rebooted/recycled everything in the line.

hacker 19:
I have no idea how to check the volume settings in either Roon or the Auralic unit. Since I haven’t touched anything in either of them, I don’t see how the volume could get changed. Such settings, if they exist, can’t change themselves, can they?

Thanks guys,
Mike

Hello @mnilan, select your device as the endpoint and make sure there’s volume on the right. In Settings>Audio you can click the gear icon>Device Setup and check what “Volume Control” is set to there as well as check for volume limits.

nuwrly, et al.
Life is good again. Turned out to be a receiver issue, not a Roon nor an Auralic issue. Thanks for your helpful suggestions.
Mike

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.