Roon wont play - reboot loses connection

Running Roon on a nucleus # - Was working well for over a year, last week I started getting periods where Roon would not play - it would show the selected track/album but not play - i could drag the controller to advance in the song and then it would start to reply. I’ve tried to restart the roon by unplugging the unit, unplugging the ethernet and rebooting and then my remotes no longer see roon at all. I can still play my music all rooms but only through my sonos app. Any suggestions?

@Brian_Robbins1, please complete the following #support template. Thanks.

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

1 Like

Thanks Martin - after a reboot and waiting about 20 minutes, the core reappeared fingers crossed. Here is the data you requested

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus +

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Lux Switch (hardwired ethernet) - 1 GB wifi connected through hardwired extenders

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic streamer and 15 additional zones through sonos controlled speakers

Number of Tracks in Library

24875 tracks in library

Description of Issue

Several occasions of connection to core but music won’t play (I can play through the sonos app but not roon). Reboot initially left inability to see the core at all - after 20 minutes the core reappeared. Working at the moment

1 Like

Continually losing my roon connection again - everything else in the house is working on wifi including sonos. There have been no changes to my network

Hey @Brian_Robbins1,

Ben here with the support team, thanks for taking the time to write in. I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you were still running into connection issues with your nucleus?

If so, are you able to test routing your core directly to your router, bypassing any network switches you have? I’d be curious to see if you run into similar issues being directly hardware to your network.

If you do still experience dropouts, please jot down a few timestamps of when the issue occurs (date,time) and we can enable diagnostics on your account to review things in more depth.

I’ll be on standby for your reply :pray:

This topic was automatically closed after 44 days. New replies are no longer allowed.