Roon won't play Tidal music - just doesn't start

Please read this thread as I’m having identical issues:

CISCO RV345P small business router, hardwired 2021 iMac, trying to play directly through computer and song doesn’t even start

Hey @David_Jube,

First off, welcome to Community! We’re excited to have you here and also apologize that it was an issue that prompted your visit, and for the delayed response. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

I’m sorry to hear that you were having issues with playing music in Roon. Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know.

In the meantime, please make sure you’ve updated your core and devices to the newest Roon build (952).

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for your note.

I’m been getting buffering issues between my Roon-Tidal-ChordPoly combination despite having an exceptionally capable CISCO enterprise network in my house and perfectly clean Fibre 1Gbps Up/Down internet connection.

I’ve since connected my Roon Core running on an underutilized 2021 iMac M1 using ethernet and it seems that if I’m within 15 or so feet of the enterprise strength access point using 2.4GHz then the buffering issues are less pronounced.

I’m just not sure why the Roon-Tidal-ChordPoly combination is so unstable - it’s quite annoying.

Hey @David_Jube,

Thanks for letting me know! Can you confirm that you’ve updated your Core and any Roon Remotes/Apps to the latest build 952?

Also, can you confirm you’ve updated to the latest firmware on your ChordPoly? Does this issue occur if you remove your Chord Poly from the mix?

Lastly, are you able to provide a more detailed breakdown of your setup below, this will help the support team better target your issue:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

We’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Roon Core:

Dedicated iMac 2021 M1 12.4 MacOS 16GB Ram

Network:

Cisco RV345P Small Business router with Cat6A connection to Cisco 3802i Aironet Access point

Device:

Chord Poly with latest firmware connected via 2.4GHz WiFi only up to 20 feet away with one drywalled room divider in between

Library

Library is exclusively Tidal via Fiber Optic internet connection with 1Gbps download and 1Gbps upload

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.