Roon won't play Tidal music - just sits there

Hi @jamie ,

I killed all Tidal connections on all devices, restarted Roon, and had the same problem. The error message (attached) says Tidal media are loading slowly.

Don

One month later, and Roon still not working. I have tried it on two different networks with the same problem. It is either a software issue with Roon, or something about my computer set up. I am running Roon on a 2019 MacBook Pro 16 inch, macOS Monterey version 12.0.1, 32 GB of RAM.

Any thoughts?

Hi Donald,

I don’t have the BB, however, remember reading on here somewhere that there was a firmware update from Mytek’s EU ex partner (HEM) which no longer made it Roon Ready compliant. Apparently HEM pushed this update without Mytek’s consent.

Not sure it your issue and this firmware are related.

1 Like

same issue here and until today still no any solution or update from roon

Hi everyone, I’m having the same issue on my Mac core, build 831… tried applying all the troubleshooting steps seen on other threads, still no resolution. No playback issues at all when I switch the Core authorization to my Windows machine on the same network. Still waiting a response from Roon on my support thread started last week.

Hey @Donald_Laackman, sorry to hear that the issue with TIDAL is persisting! Thanks for trying all of the steps we suggested. At this point, I think we’ll need more information about your setup, specifically networking gear.

Please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

I also wanted to share with you that we released an update yesterday, Roon Version 1.8 Build 880 - could you please update your devices to this version and see if the issue persists?

Thank you!

A post was split to a new topic: Tidal music would not play

I downloaded build 882; still have the issue.
I am not a networking expert. I have an Xfinity router, with a connection from the router to Google Home devices. They run a mesh network. My Roon core is hard-wired to the network Google Home device. Xfinity clocks my download speed at 232.2 MBPS. I am running macOS Monterey 12.0.1.

1 Like

Try Roon - Setup - Audio and verify your device is still showing up there and says it is enabled.

@RBO - I tried to play Tidal using Roon, bypassing my Mytek and going direct to the computers speakers, and had the same issue - it plays for 30-45 seconds, and then either stops playing or jumps to the new song. Thanks for the suggestion. I had such high hopes (even if it would render my Mytek equipment useless.)

@Jim_F thanks. Tried that - I had it on System Output, instead of Brooklyn DAC. Problem still happens. Again, I was so hopeful for such an easy fix. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

@Donald_Laackman thanks so much for checking @Jim_F’s suggestion! It’s helpful to know that the issue occurs with System Output, as well.

You stated that the Core device is hardwired to the Google Home device - I wonder if, as a test, you could try connecting your Core device directly to the Xfinity router?

I understand that this issue has occurred on two separate networks, but we would like to rule out all possibilities.

As an additional step - what happens if you lower the streaming quality of the TIDAL tracks? You’ll want to change this by going to Roon Settings → Services → TIDAL → Streaming Quality → Lower the streaming quality and try playing a track. Does the same error pop up?

Thank you!

A couple months ago, my Roon system stopped working. I moved my Nucleus and plugged it directly into my router and that fixed the problem. I had a switch that had gone bad.

1 Like

@Ashley @Jim_F I connected by Roon core directly to my Router, and the same thing happened. I also slowed the streaming speed to “Normal”, and it did not work. Open to other ideas.

Did you reboot everything including your router?

I’ve now rebooted everything. Same problem.

A post was split to a new topic: TIDAL only plays when lowering streaming quality

@Donald_Laackman I cannot even begin to apologize for the delay in my reply - I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you. I truly appreciate you trying those steps and especially your patience during this time.

We’ll want to take a closer look at this for you. The next time that this happens, could you please grab a set of logs, zip them up and upload them to our drive?

Please, include a timestamp in your post (local date and time when the Tidal Media Loading Slowly message appears).

Thanks so much!

Error occurred January 6, 2022, 15:12 PM EST. Donald_Laackman.zip has been uploaded to your drive.

1 Like

Thanks so much! We’ll take a look at the logs and we’ll be in touch regarding next steps!