Roon won't recognize core

Roon was set up on my Macbook Pro and working fine. System restarted and Roon won’t recognize the core that was set up. Just shows me a login screen. I log in and it says I’m already logged in and prompts me to either set up a new core or click the “go back” link to connect with my existing core. I click go back and it just gives me the same log in screen. I try to scan for the core and the system just hangs, giving me the “connecting” symbol and won’t do anything.

Help

To help please fill in the information that was requested when you started the thread.

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Macbook Pro is core

Wifi network at home, Comcast Cable Internet

Aiyma T8 Pre-amp hooked up via USB

A few thousand tracks in library

Roon was set up on my Macbook Pro and working fine. System restarted and Roon won’t recognize the core that was set up. Just shows me a login screen. I log in and it says I’m already logged in and prompts me to either set up a new core or click the “go back” link to connect with my existing core. I click go back and it just gives me the same log in screen. I try to scan for the core and the system just hangs, giving me the “connecting” symbol and won’t do anything.

Is this on the pro itself or on another device?

On the pro itself.

I had to “de-authorize” the Mac Book and then suddenly it worked. Having to go in and reconfigure everything but at least it’s working. Any idea what happened or how to keep this from happening again?

Hi, @John_Bruels, sorry to hear about your troubles. Could you, please, follow instructions listed in this article – link.

You can upload your archive with logs here

Thanks!

Ivan

Hey @John_Bruels,

In checking your system diagnostics it appears that you were able to get things restored and have been enjoying music. Can you please update us on your current status? If you’re still having trouble and need help we’re happy to lend a hand! Thanks!