Roon wont recognize my audio devices[Solved-ish]

Roon can not find any devices on my Mac Mini since the update. It has been refreshing to list for about 20 minutes all to no avail. I am at a loss and have had to go back to Audirvana…HELP

Is there a firewall in your system ? Try turning it off and see what happens. If that solves the issue then re-enable it and allow access for Roon and RAATServer.

Hi @David_J_Burke ----Sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Please describe, [in detail] (I'm having a problem with Roon -- where do I report it?), your current setup so we can start narrowing down what the issue could be. Thanks!

-Eric

The interface was working great until the update and now it can not find my audio device. Audirvana is working just fine I am at a loss.

David Burke

@David_J_Burke ---- Thank you for the feedback and sorry to hear you are encountering this issue. I know we can get this worked out for you.

I’d like to gather some logs from you for analysis but first I’d like to get a better understanding of what exactly you are working with. Can you please, describe in detail (as highlighted here), your current setup and gear being used. The more information we have the easier it will be for us to pin point the root of the problem. Thanks!

-Eric

Eric
I am running a Mac Mini late 2012 with OS 10 Yosemite. M2tech USB to optical and a audioquest Jitter. The signal runs into a McIntosh C2500 tube preamp and it has been working well until the update. The Mac has a built in DAC and is powered by a McIntosh MS275 amp. What logs are you referring to?
Audirvana is working fine so I am at a loss.
David Burke

@David_J_Burke ---- Thank you for the feedback. I’d like to have you run a small test to see if we can get a different outcome here.

Could you please disable any active firewalls on your Mac Mini and confirm if there is any change in behavior? Thanks!

-Eric

I was able to get the program working

Hi @David_J_Burke ----- Glad to hear things have stabilized and are now functioning correctly. What ended up correcting the issue for you?

-Eric

Is there any way to go back to the previous version. I have been having nothing but trouble with the new software. It worked yesterday but today locks up on the enter screen and if it gets past it it cant find my audio devices again. I am getting very frustrated at this point .
David Burke
No firewall and Audirvana is working perfectly

Hi @David_J_Burke ---- I am very sorry to hear that this issue has resurfaced today. I completely understand your frustration and will help get you back to a functioning state.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to roll back to a previous version of the application. We’ve found the latest release to be quite stable for a vast majority of people and as mentioned before, I am certain we can get you there too.

To better understand what could be going on here can you please clarify what you mean when you say:

It worked yesterday but today locks up on the enter screen and if it gets past it it cant find my audio devices again.

Has anything changed at all in your setup? OS update? New audio devices?

-Eric

Did you ever respond to this, which was posted within a day of your first post.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/no-audio-devices-found-with-1-2-fixed/9490/16?u=rugby

Without this information, no one can begin to offer suggestions or solutions.

1 Like

I have not been able to use the service for months. Ever since the upgrade. I could get it to work intermediately but now not at all. I use a Mac Mini and even went as far as replacing my M2Tech high face with a Peach Tree X! still to no avail. Audirvana works perfectly on my machine. At this point I am so upset I would like a refund. There seems to be no one to call and not much help available. This service is expensive and the lack of help is upsetting.
David Burke

Hi David,
I’ve collated all your posts on this into this one topic so all the history is together.

I can see in the history where Roon support has attempted to help you, but when they ask for details there was no response which makes it a little tricky to get to the root cause of the problem.

As there are several thousand user running Roon … the most likely cause of this is a local issue rather that faulty software. The Roon guys will work with you to get you going. I’m leaving a flag for @support to follow up with you.

Carl
I got these response’s as emails and answered all the questions. After several try’s I was finally told I had to do it through your discussion boards. Not actually being able to talk to some one and having to try to fix it by discussion sucks if you don’t mind me saying so. It was working perfectly before the update.
David BurkE
PS it is not the firewalls they are off

I downloaded the new patch and for now Roon seems to be working fine. I will keep you informed thanks for getting back to me.
David Burke

Seems like every time my Mac updates my Roon says no audio device. My Roon is down once again thank god I have Audirvana

Let’s leave a tag for @support to follow up with you.

Hi @David_J_Burke ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. As I am sure you know, roon requires complete access to the device(s) it is interacting with. I see from previous posts that you’ve confirmed that there are no active firewalls which could be causing this communication issue. Can you confirm if you have any security application running in the background that may be causing this to happen?

Also, can you please confirm that this is still the setup being used. Thanks!

“I am running a Mac Mini late 2012 with OS 10 Yosemite. M2tech USB to optical and a audioquest Jitter. The signal runs into a McIntosh C2500 tube preamp and it has been working well until the update. The Mac has a built in DAC and is powered by a McIntosh MS275 amp”.

Thanks!
-Eric

Eric the only difference with the above setup is I replace the M2tech with a Peachtree Audio 24/192 usb audio out. The roon settings found it once but would not let it enable. Now it just tells me I have no audio device. I have no active firewalls or any such programs running as this Mac is a dedicated music server only.
David