Roon Won't Recognize the Core on my iMac (AGAIN)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Operating System: current Apple IOS, whatever it’s called (fully updated)
Core stored on a late-2012 iMac
I have no idea what “Roon build number” means

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi meshnet through an Orbi WiFi 6 System AX6000

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim ND5 XS 2 streamed into over WiFi hardwired to my preamp with audio cables (RCA plugs)

Description Of Issue

This is the second time this has happened. The first time, I was able to fix it by reinstalling my Core on my iMac, but this time Roon isn’t letting me do so.

When I open Roon, I am told it doesn’t recognize any core. That’s the problem. Period.

I am no longer at the point where I even get that message anymore, so I can’t take a screenshot. Now all I get is the message telling me to “Choose [My] Roon Core”. When I hit “Find my Roon Core”, I get a flashing Roon logo for minutes and minutes but nothing happens. When I hit “Use this Mac”, I get a screen telling me I’m already set up to use this Mac.

I have a feeling I might be able to reinstall the Core on my iMac if I logged out of Roon. But I can’t see how to do that.

Help! This is getting old.

There was a recent macOS update (Catalina 10.15.6). These updates often mess with permissions and firewall settings that changed to allow an app to run. I don’t run my Core on macOS, but other apps I use such as Commander ONE Pro get caught in this every time.

Thanks!

This is bizarre. This time it got fixed just by means of hitting the button for “Disable Current Installation” (or words to that effect). I didn’t even have to reinstall the Core.

Why would THAT be?

Who knows? As Apple have tightened various security “features,” more and more you just have to do mysterious moves to re-enable well-trusted apps. I’ve been a Mac user since the original Mac Plus, and I don’t see this as progress…

Hello @Barry_Okun, glad things are working again! Please let me know if this issue comes up again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.